Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Are You a Full-Time vs. Part-Time Freelancer?

I started my journey as an online freelancer back in 2008. Initially, I started as a blogger before transitioning into the role of a content writer. Due to my health condition, I found it challenging to pursue a traditional office job. It left me with no choice but to commit to entirely freelancing online. While the work can be monotonous sometimes, I am still grateful for its opportunities. Although my current income is inadequate, I supplement it by investing and engaging in various side hustles. This year, I plan to revive my blogging endeavors by creating a domain website to generate additional income. I understand it won't be easy, but I am determined to give it my best shot again. I really hope I will be successful in it.

As of this moment, I'm working as a freelancer on a part time basis. It's not that I can't work on full time basis as a freelancer but I want variety in my means of making money. I can never depend on one source. It makes me vulnerable. I have always wanted to own a physical business irrespective of anything else I do and I have it now.

I'm a part-time freelancer as I have some other activities I do. I take it like having a hobby that pays. I’ve got friends who are into freelancing full time and they”re doing just fine. What I think is, both have their perks. Full-time means to be more focused, but part-time gives you flexibility. The one you’ll choose depends on your needs. You also need to leverage freelancing platforms to practice your freelance work.

I have been freelancing for the past seven years and it’s been part time. I am not making enough to depend on my freelancing work for now. So I have an offline work I do currently, so it’s part time freelance and part time offline.

I am a full time freelancer. I have never been part time because I jumped into this type of work when i had no choice but to make it work.
Is it challenging sometimes? Yes, it is. But I would not change anything about my work right now

I am a full time freelancer. I have never been part time because I jumped into this type of work when i had no choice but to make it work.
Is it challenging sometimes? Yes, it is. But I would not change anything about my work right now
It's really great to hear that you wouldn't change being a full-time freelancer for anything. What strategies do you use to stay organized and motivated as a full-time freelancer?

I am not even a freelancer, but I want to do freelancing. I don't think it is easy to earn a full time income as a freelancer, so when I start freelancing, I will be doing it as a part time job.

I am not even a freelancer, but I want to do freelancing. I don't think it is easy to earn a full time income as a freelancer, so when I start freelancing, I will be doing it as a part time job.
Honestly, it's a great approach. When you start as part-time freelancer, it let you test the waters and build your portfolio gradually. I think the best practice is to begin with part-time and transition to full-time as your business grows.

Back