Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

šŸ’” Suggestion Are you interested in a Marketplace Newsletter?

Cedric

Agora Founder
Staff member
Administration
Credits
Hey @everyone

As we continue to grow and make waves in the marketplace, I was thinking it may be interesting to start a regular marketplace "newsletter" to keep everyone in the loop.

This could be a post where youā€™re tagged every two weeks or monthly, or even a PM if you prefer.

What do you think? Would you be into something like this? Let me know your thoughts! ā˜ŗļø

Feel free to use the upvote/downvote feature.

Would this just be stuff that is already on AF already?
Yes.

I know this kinds of defeats the purpose of just manually checking, but at the same time, not every member is as active or interested as any other member, and some members may even have overlooked on a marketplace item. So, a newsletter, including a featured one (perhaps) could serve a purpose to those people.

I would however not do the newsletter unless we grow bigger and more items are posted on a daily basis or at least when some traction is going on on a weekly basis, whatever feels best naturally.

This suggestion is merely to a soft feel about what's preferred and whatnot.

I guess its a tale of two different types of people. Those who are interested will be checking the forum. Those who are not interested won't want a newsletter. Now, if it was a newsletter with more than just Marketplace and including unique articles etc, that would work.

I would be interested in one, especially if one can choose the types of content they get on it depending on their interests.

I would be interested in one, especially if one can choose the types of content they get on it depending on their interests.
Could you explain what you mean with choosing types of content? As in some table of contents ?

Could you explain what you mean with choosing types of content? As in some table of contents ?
Let's say I am only interested in website listings or listings of specific goods. I could sign up to receive a newsletter that only contains those types of listings/goods or related content instead of one that includes everything posted in the last, say, 7 days.

Let's say I am only interested in website listings or listings of specific goods. I could sign up to receive a newsletter that only contains those types of listings/goods or related content instead of one that includes everything posted in the last, say, 7 days.
Hmm yes, that could be done theoretically. I can setup a system/application with different newsletter subjects where you could subscribe to. And with a pre-designed template, just switching the actual content wouldn't take much time between the subjects - I think.

I think having a newsletter is a great idea. It will keep everyone informed whether they are active on the forum or not. Plus it's always nice to have one place where people can go for updates/what's going on. Great idea @Cedric

Just to keep everyone on the loop, I've started some planning behind the scenes on the newsletter. :)

I am so excited to see the first newsletter =) It'll be also awesome to stay in the loop with what's going on.

I can't see where a newsletter would do any harm, members could always opt out if it bothered them and you may encourage those who were once interested in the Forum and got sidetracked by other activities.

Back