Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

As a webmaster, how many words are you happy with for an article on your website?

Shortie

Apprentice
Credits
Depending on the kind of webmaster you are and the niche of your website, it can vary as to how many words per article your are happy and satisfied with. I have known some webmasters to be happy with 500 words, some to be happy with 800 and others tend to only be happy with 1000 words or more.

As a webmaster yourself, how many words for an article are you satisfied with having on your website?

I don't have a strict word count limit for my articles. I generally focus on how well the article flows and whether it’s enjoyable to read. An article doesn’t need a lot of words to be good or great.

Flexibility is key here! There is no standard word count preference. I think it’s based on the niche you choose, the audience you hope to target, or the kind of content you want to produce. That brings me to 700-1,200 words as I believe is enough to provide a detailed discussion without putting the reader off by huge volumes of words.

Back