Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Best advice you have ever received by a fellow writer?

Writer's block is never any fun, I have hit it so many times and it can be difficult to get out of.

I have always found that taking a break from writing and heading out or doing something different can help with writer's block. I have in the past headed out for a walk when I have had writer's block and found that just being out and about walking has given me so many ideas to write about.

The best advise that a fellow writer gave me is that I should approach my writing career as a business. This has really helped me to prioritize quality with every order. With this advise, I have ran and learned client retention and I have also learned how to market my writing services. This business approach has also helped me to evolve with the trends in the writing field in order to keep up with competition. That's why you see me put efforts to learn SEO writing. My senior cousin who is an accomplished author is the one that gave this advise.

I’ve received a couple of advice that have really helped my writing. One of them is “Write for yourself, not for others. Tell the story that burns within you, and don't compromise your vision.” I take this advice very seriously, and it has really helped to shape my writing skills.

Another one that quickly comes to mind is 'Show, don't tell.' This is a very simple yet powerful reminder to trust your imagination. This has also transformed my writing style more.

The best advice is undoubtedly to read a lot, to read about every subject that I am passionate about, he told me, "We write because we read" and he could not be more right in his words, reading makes you increase your knowledge and your understanding of many different topics, which leads you to write more and better.

The best advice is undoubtedly to read a lot, to read about every subject that I am passionate about, he told me, "We write because we read" and he could not be more right in his words, reading makes you increase your knowledge and your understanding of many different topics, which leads you to write more and better.
I couldn't agree more! Reading widely is very essential . That's what I do too. This has really helped me to hone my writing skills. It actually broadens my perspectives, and sparks new ideas in me as well..

Write simple!
This is the best advice I have ever received about writing. When I was new to writing, I liked to explore new vocabulary and tried to use complicated language, but then I was told to write simple.

Write simple!
This is the best advice I have ever received about writing. When I was new to writing, I liked to explore new vocabulary and tried to use complicated language, but then I was told to write simple.
I love that! 'Write simple' is indeed wise advice. I also try to write simple because it's easy to get caught up in using complex language, but clarity and concision are key to effective writing.

Back