Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Best Tools for Managing Freelance Projects

uptrendfinancialsignal

Novice Trader
Credits
As a freelancer, it took me time to find the right tools to effectively manage my freelance work. But hey, I found Trello for task management, Zoom for client communication, and also Harvest for time tracking and invoicing. What are your best tools for staying organized?

I started my journey in the online freelancing industry by depending only on Microsoft Word for creating documents and Google for research. This was back in a time over a decade ago when these tools were the major resources available to freelancers. Fast forward to the present day, and the digital era has introduced a wide range of useful tools for managing online freelancing projects. One of my go-to tools for comprehensive project management is Asana. It has been helpful in helping me effectively manage tasks and collaborate efficiently with my clients. In addition, I have found Basecamp to be ideal for fulfilling my specific project management needs.

In the past, I have used Trello with former clients, and its organizational features have also proved advantageous. For client communication, I use Zoom, although I have encountered situations where clients prefer to communicate through Microsoft Teams. Both tools have helped me facilitate effective communication with clients, ensuring that project requirements and developments are clearly understood.

As someone who has been a freelancer for many years now, I know how easy it is to get overwhelmed with the amount of projects you could end up with.

For a while, I was using Microsoft's to-do list tool and I found that worked well for me but I have also just started taking a look at Trello and I like how that works and feel I will be using it a lot more going forward.

Trello is good for task management. I also use Google Drive for seamless file sharing. Additionally, Calendly has been a game changer for so many freelancers, and it's good for scheduling client meetings. I know a lot of people who are using Notion for an all-in-one workspace, and it's been a game changer. From note-taking to task assignments, it'll help you streamline everything.

Back