Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Buying a website or building your own website?

Ja sa bong

Apprentice
Credits
When you're interested in becoming a webmaster, what's the path to your goals do you normally take? It's a must for you to own a website or a forum because you consider yourself being a fully blown webmaster.

How do you go about getting your own website? Do you start from the beginning to build it or you buy one from someone who's into selling up and running site?

I am someone who prefers to set up my own website and build it up from the ground up. Knowing that I started the website and knowing that my hard work and dedication has gone into the site when and if it becomes successful gives you a sense of accomplishment and that is a feeling that just can't be beaten.

I’m the type of webmaster who likes to build my own website instead of buying. I like the process of building it from the ground up. It’s like planting a garden and watching the flowers bloom. There’s no greater feeling in the world than watching your own creation grow.

I would build my own, on the front-end side at least. If I needed help on the back-end side I could probably find a few people to help me or maybe pay someone since I don't know any back-end languages.

I have not acquired a ready-made website before, but I have gained experience building my own websites. My knowledge primarily comes from following YouTube tutorials. Initially, I encountered challenges, but fortunately, my former partner offered help creating my website. For the second website, I took on the task independently. Gladly, it turned out to be a rewarding and fulfilling experience. Looking ahead, I am eager to establish another website this year and, more importantly, to maintain it proactively. In the past, financial challenges and health concerns impeded my ability to renew my websites. However, I am determined to launch a new website, hoping to do so either on my birthday or before the end of the year.

Building my own website is more or less like having it done my way and I think it's the way to go. It allows me to actually customize everything and to also ensure quality as well.

I do enjoy web development and building websites from a clean slate.

However, if I'm pressed for time and I'm only interested in providing content (as a writer that wants to display their work), then I would look into something prebuilt.

Buying a website can be regarded as a quick fix, but it may lack personal touch and flexibility. So, building your own website gives room for authenticity. The adaptability of a website is crucial for a successful online presence. Although buying a website can save time, Building your own website is what offers long-term benefits and control. Buy If you do choose to buy, I’ll suggest that you make sure to do thorough research. Additionally, you need to inspect the website's quality and security before making a purchase.

I think that for many people who already have some experience managing websites, it is more comfortable to buy a website that already has some traffic and is built, for people with less experience I think it is better to create their own so they start from scratch and start gaining experience and skills on website creation and their correct management.

Back