Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Buying and Selling Websites

Nomad

Novice Trader
Credits
Do you have any experience with buying and selling website? What platform did you use, did you encounter any issues related to transfer or payment? Well, I have bought and sold websites multiple times. I have sold more websites compared to buying websites. I mostly used Flippa but I have also sold through webmaster forums.

I see this business as a beautiful venture as long as you have experience in doing the business. I know a couple of friends that are into the business of buying and selling websites, and it has been an enjoyable experience for them.

No, I don't have any experience with buying and selling website but I know some people who do it and I've closely worked with at least 2 persons. It's a very profitable business if you know how to do it. One of them usually sell his own by listing it on Flippa.

No, I don't have any experience with buying and selling website but I know some people who do it and I've closely worked with at least 2 persons. It's a very profitable business if you know how to do it. One of them usually sell his own by listing it on Flippa.

The truth about this business is that you also need to have a lot of capital to start the business. Anyone that doesn't have enough funds may struggle at the start of this type of business.

The truth about this business is that you also need to have a lot of capital to start the business. Anyone that doesn't have enough funds may struggle at the start of this type of business.
There are only two ways to get into this kind of business, it is either you have the money to buy a website and build it a little bit before selling it or you start a new website from the scratch, grow it before it is matured enough for you to sell it and make profit.

There are only two ways to get into this kind of business, it is either you have the money to buy a website and build it a little bit before selling it or you start a new website from the scratch, grow it before it is matured enough for you to sell it and make profit.

Building a website is going to take weeks or even months unless you are not planning to make a lot of money from selling it. Again, how do you build when you need time to launch those forums and sites as well?

Building a website is going to take weeks or even months unless you are not planning to make a lot of money from selling it. Again, how do you build when you need time to launch those forums and sites as well?
This is actually the reason why they are regarded as project. There are some projects that are short-term and there are some project that are long term. So, if you want to go down the path of working on the project on a long term, that is where you will have to start building a website from the scratch.

I've never been into the job of buying and selling website. I have never explored that option because I don't know where to or how to start it but I know some people are making cool money from spinning website sales.

I've never purchased nor sold a website before. I haven't really thought about selling any of my current ones, but I feel if I didn't have enough time to run them I would at least give someone else a chance to purchase them and run them. I would assume if the website was old and had plenty of content or generally lots of backlinks as well as quality content then you could sell it to the right person for a great price.

I’ve purchased a forum in the past, but I’ve never sold one. I don’t plan on ever selling anything that I own as I consider them to be my baby.

I have never been able to sell a website but I have been able to sell domain names in the past. I would love to be able to build up a website or a forum enough that I could sell it and make something from it but having the time is the biggest issue for me.

As for buying websites, this is not something I have done but I wouldn't be against doing it if I knew I had the money and it was an investment that was worth it.

Back