Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Commenting As a Social Media Marking Strategy

Cpvr

Novice Trader
Staff member
Community Moderator
Credits
Commenting As a Social Media Strategy

I've found that it's the key lever in supercharging engagement on Instagram, TikTok, and pretty much every other consumer-focused social platform—and very few brands are using it. This includes replying to your own comments and also scrolling through the for you page/reels to comment on others.

Here's what I've found so far:

1. Whenever a post gets millions of likes, it gets tens of thousands of comments—and millions of people scroll through them. Commenting/Engaging with users in the comments of other posts allows you to reach millions of people for free. You can also get tons of likes on your best comments and drive a bunch of traffic to your own page.

2. Talking to users in the comments creates organic, 1:1 interactions with people that leaves a much stronger impression than just viewing a post

3. Social Media users who comment are inherently more active than those who passively scroll. So engaging with them is the best way to introduce "active" users into your online community, make them fans, and multiply your reach.

4. Some social media managers do this already, but it takes a LOT of time/effort to think of thoughtful/not spammy replies. In order to really make the most of this, you have to automate it without being spammy/violating any platform policies.

What are your thoughts on commenting on other people’s posts on social media to leverage your marketing campaign? Have you had any luck utilizing this marketing strategy?

Based on my experience, I've seen commenting make a big difference in engagement on social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok. It shows that you value your audience's feedback.

Commenting makes organic traffic grow on your social media accounts, It is a good way to interact with your followers and create engagement, it is definitely a good way to build loyalty and encourage new followers to reach your social media accounts.

As someone who uses sites such as X (formally known as Twitter), Instagram, TikTok and even Facebook, one thing I have found that has helped me a great deal has been interacting and commenting on others' content or posts within those sites.

As someone who uses sites such as X (formally known as Twitter), Instagram, TikTok and even Facebook, one thing I have found that has helped me a great deal has been interacting and commenting on others' content or posts within those sites.
To build relationships, you need to start commenting on others' content and it is definitely a great way to build audience base and grow your online presence too.

Back