Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Creating Interactive Content to Boost Engagement

Which type of interactive content do you like the most?

• Videos with Embedded Questions

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Surveys and Feedback Forms

• Something else (please specify)

• Total voters

Cedric

Agora Founder
Staff member
Administration
Credits
I wanted to start a conversation about a topic that I think is super important for all of us freelancers: creating interactive content to boost engagement. Whether you're a writer, designer, developer, or marketer, interactive content can really make a difference in how your audience interacts with your work.

Why Interactive Content?​

First off, let's talk about why interactive content is so effective. Nowadays people are looking for more than just passive consumption. They want to be involved and have a say. Interactive content allows for this engagement, making your audience feel like they're part of the experience rather than just observers.

Types of Interactive Content​

Here are a few types of interactive content that you might consider incorporating into your work:
  1. Quizzes and Polls: These are great for getting immediate feedback and making your audience think about the topic at hand. An example is this topic
  2. Interactive Infographics: These can present data in a more engaging and digestible way.
  3. Videos with Embedded Questions: Keeping viewers engaged throughout the video by asking questions or including clickable elements.
  4. Surveys and Feedback Forms: These not only engage your audience but also provide valuable insights into their preferences and opinions.
  5. Interactive Ebooks or Whitepapers: Allow readers to click through to different sections or include interactive elements like embedded videos or quizzes.

How to Get Started​

1. Know Your Audience: Before you create any content, make sure you understand who your audience is and what they care about. This will help you create content that truly resonates with them.
  2. Choose the Right Tools: There's many tools out there that can help you create interactive content, such as Canva for infographics, Typeform for surveys, and Playbuzz for quizzes.
  3. Create Valuable Content: The content itself needs to be valuable. Interactive elements can enhance good content, but they can’t save bad content.
  4. Promote Your Content: Once you have your interactive content ready, share it on social media, in your newsletters, and on your website to maximize its reach.

Share Your Thoughts​

I’d love to hear from you all! Have you tried creating interactive content before? What worked and what didn’t? Do you have any favorite tools or tips that you’d recommend?

Looking forward to your responses!

Quizzes and polls are my favourite way but if it was business wise they are all important because they all have their benefits. It would also depend on the type of business you have.

I definitely use polls a lot to gauge interest and gain feedback. I usually received enough submissions to work with.

Surveys haven't really worked out for me. I suppose it's because they were more involved and took longer to complete than polls. I've tried making them quicker and easier to complete, but it was nowhere near the interest that the polls got. It also took more time to create them.

Quizzes and polls have always been the best way that I have used to receive feedback and also gain interest which has helped to boost engagement.

Surveys are not something I have tried so I am unsure how they would work out for me but I much prefer to use polls and quizzes as I feel they are easier.

Quizzes and polls have always been the best way that I have used to receive feedback and also gain interest which has helped to boost engagement.

Surveys are not something I have tried so I am unsure how they would work out for me but I much prefer to use polls and quizzes as I feel they are easier.
To me they are definitely easier. But like Cedric mentioned, they can provide valuable insights, much more compared to polls since you can pack in more to gain more feedback from users.

But I guess it depends on what you are looking for. A poll was usually sufficient for me.

To be honest, I love interactive content and my favorite type of interactive content is Interactive Infographics. I believe they are great ways to actually present complex information in a simple visual manner.

Back