Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Do you buy items on impulse?

Naza

Apprentice
Credits
When it comes to buying food items or any other items in the market, do you always get them with a planned list, or do you just get them suddenly. I have had the challenge of buying items in the past by impulse, and I decided to stop doing such attitude since I noticed that it eats up into my earnings on a daily basis. I prefer to map out plans before I begin to make any purchases. What do you always do?

I always head out with a plan and a list of what I need and head out to get just those things but I will admit, I have in the past seen things in the store and ended up buying on impulse.

I have become stricter with myself and tend to avoid buying on impulse as much as I can and it makes a huge difference.

I don’t buy anything on impulse, as I always go to the store with a set plan, knowing what I need and don’t need.

When I go out, I usually stick to a list of what is needed.

I definitely got games on impulse whenever there was a sale for it, such as on Steam.

I had the tendency of buying things on impulse when I was younger. But as I grew older I realized that most things bought on impulse are not exactly necessary. The money could have been saved or channeled to better things, so I learned to develop self control.

When I grocery shop, I grab whatever sounds good to me as long as the price is decent. When I shop for non-grocery items I will generally look for the best deals whether it's offline or online. Often when I see something in a store I want I'll look it up online and find it for much cheaper and order it online.

I'm on a tight budget now, so I'm watching how I spend my money.

Don't go to the market hungry because then you have way higher chances of buying junk food in general. You need to control yourself. Think of it: is it really what I need and is it worth my money?

Usually no, unless it is snacks. I normally don't eat fast food, so if I do get something I know ahead what I would want based on how much I am willing to spend.

I tend to think out purchases of things that I might want to get. I rarely will immediately buy something, that I haven't took time to decide if I want to get it.

Don't go to the market hungry because then you have way higher chances of buying junk food in general. You need to control yourself. Think of it: is it really what I need and is it worth my money?

Having control is all that matters. I normally don't like taking cash to the market when I want to some items because I will end up spending more than I am supposed to spend while at the market.

It's important to be careful especially when we see attractive discounts because it can lead to unnecessary expenses and regret at the end of the day. I make sure to create a shopping list and also stick to it to avoid impulse purchases.

For the fact that I am not making money on an impulse, there is no way I am going to be spending money that way. I know how difficult it is for me to make money which is why I cannot spend my money extravagantly.

For the fact that I am not making money on an impulse, there is no way I am going to be spending money that way. I know how difficult it is for me to make money which is why I cannot spend my money extravagantly.
That's a great approach! I’m always mindful of the way I spend my hard-earned money. It has really helped me make intentional purchasing decisions. I do have specific rules for myself when making purchases.

Back