Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Do you complete writing work in advance?

Shortie

Apprentice
Credits
As a writer, I know I have a niche that I enjoy writing about more than some of the others and with this particular niche, I could write so many articles in a space of time. Due to this, writing articles in advance and keeping them to the side for potential clients is something I have done in the past but I wouldn't say that I do too often.

As a writer, do you ever write articles in advance? How often would you say you do this?

I have only done prewritten content maybe once or twice. Mainly to put up guidelines and rules for stuff, with some modification to make it unique to the place I post it at. I feel like it would be a bit of a waste to write articles, not knowing if what I am writing will be current for something in the future. I had tried it once with an article, and found out I needed to just write up a brand new article to be specific for the place I was going to publish it on.

For my blog, I have some posts I have written that haven't been released yet.

When I'm ready to publish, I do some checks and make sure it's ready.

I never write articles in advance. I quite lack the inspiration to do so to be fair. I have my days where I could write two a day or sometimes even 3, and at the same time my days where I have no need to write.

Sometimes I do start one, but keep it on the side for when I want to continue and add more information.

No, I don’t write articles in advance. I usually write articles on the same day when my creative juices are flowing, as there are some days when I don’t have the inspiration or drive to write anything.

However, I always keep notes handy for when I want to finish something, but they’re not exactly articles yet.

The approach to various clients differs. The writing styles that work for one might not be accepted by another. So I just wait till I get offers then I start my work.
What I make sure do so is ask for enough time for efficiency.

I've got the wisdom to actually write and plan ahead of time. I know that completing my writing work in advance is a great strategy to attract clients or for a repeat business.

I used to do that for my blog but realized things move so fast that what is relevant today might not be tomorrow. Now I retain a list of topics/ideas that I would like to write about in the future. When I need to write something, I compare the platform against the list of ideas I have ans see if one of them would be a good fit to write about. If not, I just start from scratch.

For my clients, I try to get things done as early as possible so I have enough time to tweak things if or when I need to. That give me enough time to do my best work while making sure I hit my deadlines.

When I used to manage my own websites, I made it a habit to create content ahead of time. This allowed me to save time, particularly when I needed to travel to the province to work on my thesis. I would carefully write and proofread my articles, incorporating some images to boost the overall appeal. Once completed, I saved these articles as drafts and scheduled them for upload at ideal times. However, after transitioning into a content writing role, I found it challenging to pre-write content. The evolving topics and specific requirements made it quite difficult to plan ahead effectively. Regardless of how much I wanted to work ahead, the nature of the work made it nearly impossible. Maybe in the future, when I find a new online writing gig.

Whenever I get a writing gig, I always try to start it immediately. I always dislike the pressure that comes with dateline for submission of an article is approaching and I am trying to put the article together to meet dateline. I prefer to have my writing completed before schedule and turn it in. It makes me to relax through the writing to be able to deliver optimally. Most times, I always complete my writing gigs in advance.

When I complete my writing work in advance, it reduces stress, and i’ll be able to meet the deadlines. It allows for more editing and revision time. This is neccesary to enhance consistency and efficiency. It's very important to complete your work on time, as it’ll avoid burnout or overworking as well. It’ll also hope to increase flexibility and make it easier to adapt to new ideas. I noticed that if I complete my work ahead, it gives me peace of mind and allows me to focus on other tasks.

I like to have a rough draft, or I make sure to outline my writing work in advance. This has really helped me to stay on track and make the most of my writing time as well.

I do it whenever possible, when I'm not too overwhelmed by the offline life (such a thing is happening too much lately). I prefer to not leave for tomorrow the jobs I'm able to do now.

I do it whenever possible, when I'm not too overwhelmed by the offline life (such a thing is happening too much lately). I prefer to not leave for tomorrow the jobs I'm able to do now.
Great approach! It's very necessary to complete writing work in advance because it helps with a lot of things. It actually reduces stress and increases productivity as well.

I don't really have a lot of writing gigs and for the few that I have, I always turn it in time. I have always finished my writing within two days for niches that I am comfortable with. And I take 5 days to tidy up articles in niches that are not too familiar for me. My clients are always happy with my turn in time.

Well, I have been able to sell pre written articles to clients only once and he was not very happy with the service. Even though he paid, he never ordered again. I do write articles in advance but most of the time I use these articles on my own blogs

Well, I have been able to sell pre written articles to clients only once and he was not very happy with the service. Even though he paid, he never ordered again. I do write articles in advance but most of the time I use these articles on my own blogs
Interesting experience! Rewriting your own blog articles is an excellent way of recycling them. It is interesting to write ahead as if helps in terms of time management, less pressure and brings more creativity.

Back