Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Do you have a portfolio?

Shortie

Apprentice
Credits
As freelance writers, it is always advised to have a portfolio that you can show to potential clients and current clients and in most cases, they too would like to see a portfolio that contains snippets of your work so they know what they are getting when they hire you for work they need completing.

As a freelance writer, do you have a portfolio? If not, do you plan on creating one?

Just having a portfolio doesn't gain you any clients. Instead you should always be on the look out for promotion avenues and ways to find clients. Clients don't usually find you, you need to present yourself.

So yes, a portfolio is a good start, but without promotion, it's just a page.

Every professional writer should have a portfolio. Potential clients will surely ask for pieces of your previous work. So it is advisable to have a portfolio of our personal work. I always keep my own work diligently for future reference.

A couple of years ago, I had an enlightening experience when I enrolled in an online freelancing course and learned about the value of having a portfolio. It was my mentor who impressed upon me the value of showcasing my work, prompting me to create social media pages to display my previous projects. In addition, I established a freelancing blog to exhibit my skills.

Unfortunately, I am currently unable to recall the login credentials for my freelancing blog, which I had initially set up using a free blogging platform. Consequently, I have made the decision to launch a new blog using WordPress as a platform to showcase my writing skills. I have already created several posts and plan to contribute more content as time permits. I aspire to obtain a domain for my website with the hope of reestablishing income streams through blogging. I hope to be able to do it before December this year. I hope to have enough funds for it.

Having a portfolio would be a good way to promote oneself professionally. I always thought to have one when I was planning to have writing as my full time career. But then I landed in a job and I loved it. For now, writing is my passion and I am mostly writing for my own pleasure. If I ever want to go back to it as a career, a portfolio would be helpful. Right now, my blog can be a peep into my writing style.

In my case, there's no need of portfolios, as my writer's activity is completely performed online among PTP socials like steemit, hive, blurt and similar. All my current readers are the same members, mods and admins of these platforms and the only requirements the staff asks for, is to respect the guidelines: basically, no plagiarism, AI free (less then an AI produced image is required to participate in a contest), correct tags and sometimes to justify the text. Upvote and interact with other users is also important. That's all I need to publish and earn.

Clients these days want to make sure that they are not wasting their time and resources on someone that cannot get the job done well. So it is important to have a portfolio to showcase your work to potential clients.

No I don’t have any but I tend to create so many times but I don’t have the passion to create it and I think I have to give a try because I have seen many people creating it for them to have funs

My online business has not taken off quite yet. So I am hoping I can get a few more clients that I can use to build a really nice portfolio. I know that having a convincing portfolio is very important in getting top clients and I am working towards it.

Many years ago, I had a personal blog where I showcased my articles and a portfolio website where I showcased my work but later I merged two websites and the website was not been looked after for many years. Recently, I have started working on my portfolio website and it will be ready in a couple of weeks

I think that having a portfolio helps new potential clients to hire your work, otherwise, you will have to show individually past work that you have done, in my case I do not have a portfolio, but I am thinking of making one soon, I created a portfolio draft to apply to a writing job a few months ago.

It's very essential to create a professional-looking portfolio that you use to demonstrate your writing abilities and style. I use my portfolio to attract clients, agents, or editors. All you need to do is provide a central location for your best work. This will enhance your online presence, and it’ll also allow for easy sharing. I publish articles and blog from your my work to enhance visibilities.

I have the intention of creating a portfolio website with different categories for different types of writing, like fiction, nonfiction, and copywriting. It’ll make it so easy to update and share with others as well.

Back