Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Do you make enough to live on with your freelancing work?

Shortie

Apprentice
Credits
For most of us, being a freelancer is a full-time job but depending on the kind of work you get and whether you have any regular clients, in most cases, even though you work as a freelancer full time, you may not always earn enough to live on for quite some time.

As it stands at the moment, would you say you earn enough to live on as a freelancer or do you need more time for that to be possible?

Well not yet. I have an offline job that I use to support my freelance work. I hope that I can get to depend solely on my freelancing with time. But for now it’s not enough and I have another source of income.

Even though I make most of my income as a freelancer, my freelancing income is not enough to pay my bills. I also need to work on my own projects such as blogs, vlogs, online stores, etc. to generate enough income to pay bills. It is really difficult to remain afloat with only freelancing work

No, not really. Freelancing for me serve as a support to my offline earnings. It doesn't pay all my bills yet.

There was a time I had hoped to become a full-time freelancer, but since then, I have not been able to score any gig; right now, I just see freelancing as a side hustle since I already have an online business.

I was earning well. I live with my mom so don't have many financial responsibilities. I was happy. but then AI came. Now, it is hard to find content writing jobs. Google is also failing so affiliate marketing is not viable anymore. I think going full-time was a mistake. Now I am applying for real jobs but getting rejections due to the GAP (No one considers freelancing a serious option).

I depend heavily on online freelancing as my main source of income. However, there are instances when I struggle to have clients, causing financial strain as this work serves as my main livelihood. Honestly, it is not sufficient to meet all my financial obligations, especially because I am the only financial support for my parents and also need to sustain myself. As a result, I have been engaged in different side gigs to supplement my income. Furthermore, I took a chance on local stocks as an investment, although I have yet to witness substantial returns. I regularly update my skillset in hopes of having higher-paying employment opportunities. The challenge I face is that the online freelancing market is becoming increasingly competitive. It makes it challenging to secure consistent work. While I aspire to find an offline job, my health condition restricts me from doing so.

Yes of course, it's possible for me to live and depend only on the money I make online working as a freelancer but I won't do it. Why should I? When there's more money to be made out there, why should I cap my off from doing it? Does Elon Musk stop making more money even even he was the richest man in the world?

While freelancing has earned me good money over the years, I don't base my livelihood on freelancing. There are periods of drought of gigs in freelancing. It is my second hustle and I approach it as such. That doesn't mean I am lackadaisical about my freelancing pursuit. It is just not enough to be a full time source of income for me.

Freelance work is a side job for me at the moment, so I don't earn enough to dedicate myself full-time to it, although it is true that I am making more money than before with such a job but I still cannot live completely from freelance work.

No, not really. Freelancing for me serve as a support to my offline earnings. It doesn't pay all my bills yet.

It is all because of the inconsistencies that are involved. There are times that you would wish to pay some bills and depending and hoping on a client to hire you for such role wouldn't give you the type of success that you would have wanted.

Freelance work is a side job for me at the moment, so I don't earn enough to dedicate myself full-time to it, although it is true that I am making more money than before with such a job but I still cannot live completely from freelance work.
Freelancing can be a great supplement to a primary income. I ensure to acknowledge the uncertainty and variability of freelance work and that's why I diversify my income stream and it's been a smart move for me.

Back