Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Do you offer pre-written work to clients?

Shortie

Apprentice
Credits
As a writer myself, I have in the past pre-written content and offered it to clients before I use it for anything else. Once I receive payment that content becomes their content to use on their sites or in their projects without repercussions.

Do you pre-write content in advance and offer it to your clients? How often would you say you do this?

There are times when I don’t get much orders. So I use my free time to prepare some likely orders I think I might receive. Of course when I receive payment for it it’s no longer mine to use.

As a content provider, I deliver unique, custom work to my clients. Oftentimes, they have specific keywords they want to incorporate into the content. I understand that each task is distinct, and I make it a point to create tailored pieces for each project. Despite this, offering pre-written content can have advantages. It can be a cost-effective solution for both the writer and the client, allowing them to save money while still obtaining quality content. In addition, having pre-written content readily available can be particularly beneficial for clients who require fast turnaround times. I have firsthand experience with this method, as I used to offer pre-written content on my websites, which proved to be a popular option for blog posts and social media content. I hope that my future clients will be open to considering pre-written work as an alternative.

I have never offered a pre written work to a client. It is something that looks to be difficult for me. That's because it would only take a coincidence for your pre written work to match with the topic needed by your client. Pre written client really works well when a writer places his work in the marketplace and attracts a client from there. Just maybe, if you write on current happenings, it would be easier to get a client that would buy pre write articles.

I have never offered a pre written work to a client. It is something that looks to be difficult for me. That's because it would only take a coincidence for your pre written work to match with the topic needed by your client. Pre written client really works well when a writer places his work in the marketplace and attracts a client from there. Just maybe, if you write on current happenings, it would be easier to get a client that would buy pre write articles.
It could bechallenging to offer pre-written work. Because it's very hard to predict clients' specific needs. However, I write about current events or evergreen topics and it has helped me increase the likelihood of finding a matching client.

I have done this once and my client was not satisfied. I have even tried to modify my existing work to meet client's instructions but that was a lot of work. Therefore, writing fresh content is far better

I have done this once and my client was not satisfied. I have even tried to modify my existing work to meet client's instructions but that was a lot of work. Therefore, writing fresh content is far better
That's a valuable lesson learned from there! Reusing content can often be difficult and that's why it's effective to write new content that meets the clients’ needs, and not have to go back and fix something that requires adjustment.

Back