Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Do you offer refund?

Heatman

Apprentice
Credits
Refund policy is all about having a room for your clients to receive their money paid for a job back if they meet certain criteria after a job is delivered which wasn't to their taste. This actually adds more credibility to your business because it helps to build trust with your clients. Unfortunately, some clients will always find a way to abuse any refund policy where it's offered.

Do you offer such refund policy in your services as a freelancer?

Yes, although I have never been asked for a refund I think it is optimal for your clients to feel safe to hire your services, if they are not happy with a job done they should have the opportunity to offer enough evidence that you offer a refund for it, if your work is not of quality, it is the least you can offer.

I am quite sure that I would deliver well on every gig that I take. That's why I am always confident to offer a refund policy to clients as part of my service conditions. So far, so good, I have completed more than 1000 freelancing gigs, and I have never been asked to make a refund. I always put in my best efforts to deliver very well on every gig that I get in order not to go through the hassles of making a refund.

I do offer refunds, yes. If for whatever reason I cannot complete an order I have taken, I will refund either the full amount of the amount I was unable to complete without any issues.

I find that is the best practice, being honest and refunding if needs be.

I do offer refunds. But, it’s on an individual basis so for example, I can’t deliver the service on time, the quality is up to standard, or the customer makes an unfounded complaint but I honour a refund anyway to try and keep continued business, even if I disagree with it.

I make sure to have a very flexible return policy, and this has really helped me ensure client satisfaction. And if the client is not satisfied with the work delivered, I make sure to offer a refund or a redo, depending on the situation.

I do offer refunds.

The total amount of the refund for my services depends on the percentage of work done (according to a project's milestones), so one may get a(n almost) full refund, or a (much) smaller amount, so that I will never have spent a lot of time on something for nothing in return. I never received any refund requests, though.

I haven't done a lot of freelancing work so far, but I do have a refund policy because I realize I am human and can also make errors. However, in order to minimize the refunds, I make sure to be clear and communicate exactly what the client can expect, and I also keep them in the loop as I continue to work on the project. This will allow me to make any changes the client wants and also stay on the same page as the client. I find communication extremely important when you are freelancer because you want your customer to be a part of the journey as well.

I think it's a good policy to have a refund clause in your contracts but it is ultimately up to you if you want to add the refund clause.

I haven't done a lot of freelancing work so far, but I do have a refund policy because I realize I am human and can also make errors. However, in order to minimize the refunds, I make sure to be clear and communicate exactly what the client can expect, and I also keep them in the loop as I continue to work on the project. This will allow me to make any changes the client wants and also stay on the same page as the client. I find communication extremely important when you are freelancer because you want your customer to be a part of the journey as well.

I think it's a good policy to have a refund clause in your contracts but it is ultimately up to you if you want to add the refund clause.
To minimise refunds, I prioritise transparency and communication. It has really helped me in different ways to ensure customer satisfaction. I ensure creating open dialogue to build trust, and it's been a safety net in my freelancing journey.

Back