Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Do you start with a website?

TechWiz18

Newcomer
Credits
Just starting out is it worth while to get a website running or does it depend on what you're offering?

I would say it depends on what you are offering and whether or not having a website would be worthwhile for you.

I didn't have a website for the longest time after I started and it wasn't until I go much busier that I decided to create a website for myself.

I did not start with website. I was already earning full time through online freelancing in 2014 but I did not build my website until 2015. It took 2 years for me to start earning from my website. I wish I had started my website in 2010, when I decided to work online.

I don't think creating a website is your first step because nobody knows you, so you would need to spend quite a lot of money promoting your services with ads, etc. A good place to start is social media like TikTok or YouTube. I think what is also important is the demand for your services these days. Nobody cares that you can crop photos; people are interested in complex services that require years of learning.

Before creating a website, it is vital to ascertain the specific niche you want to focus on. Are you looking at fashion, food, travel, or perhaps something completely different? When I initially delved into blogging, my content revolved around different subjects. However, as time went on, I made the decision to narrow my focus to travel and makeup reviews. To ensure a more tailored experience for my readers, I established a separate blog dedicated only to makeup. Blogging was my first-ever online work, and it was not until conducting some research and seeking advice that I realized its potential for generating income. Eventually, it became my bread and butter, which supported my college education expenses. Be sure to create content that is pertinent to your niche and incorporate relevant hashtags. Moreover, leveraging different social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok, to promote your website can be beneficial. Through sponsored content, affiliate marketing, and Google AdSense, you can monetize your website effectively.

Before creating a website, it is vital to ascertain the specific niche you want to focus on. Are you looking at fashion, food, travel, or perhaps something completely different? When I initially delved into blogging, my content revolved around different subjects. However, as time went on, I made the decision to narrow my focus to travel and makeup reviews. To ensure a more tailored experience for my readers, I established a separate blog dedicated only to makeup. Blogging was my first-ever online work, and it was not until conducting some research and seeking advice that I realized its potential for generating income. Eventually, it became my bread and butter, which supported my college education expenses. Be sure to create content that is pertinent to your niche and incorporate relevant hashtags. Moreover, leveraging different social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok, to promote your website can be beneficial. Through sponsored content, affiliate marketing, and Google AdSense, you can monetize your website effectively.

To create a website, you need to figure out what you really wanted to focus on. And also ask yourself what you are so passionate about. With this, it's very possible to make money from your website.

Back