Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Do you thinks Devs care less?

Henrywrites

Apprentice
Credits
I have read some players talk about game developers not showing care and understanding the needs of gamers before they develop a game. Do you find this a justifiable reason or not? Is it all about making the money for the developers now?

Currently, I would say that game developers don't really care so much about what they give to gamers. The only thing that matters to them so much is the money they make from their games. It is the reason why people are going back to playing retro games because that is where devs put more efforts and creativity into making games.

I think these days most developers don't really care about the quality of the games they're releasing, they only want money. Back in the day devs took pride in the games they made, and we would get amazing games. I know there's some amazing games that still come out, but I feel that there were fewer shovelware titles prior to the Wii days and less terrible games were being released. Of course every single game console has it's share of bad games, but they didn't really come out too often.

A lot of those developers are now all about how much they can make and it is one thing that have been making it very difficult for players to cope with nowadays since they don't get what they want from those games.

I would say that some developers care about what their players want and do take in the feedback and work off that when they receive it, but there are some developers who don't seem to care about their players much as are more looking to gaining money than their players being happy.

Some developers have gotten better at listening to feedback and working off that and I feel we need to see more of that.

Back