Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Do you use a word processor to type up articles?

Ravenfreak

Apprentice
Credits
Do you use a word processor like Microsoft Word for typing up articles? Or do you prefer to write your articles on the website you're writing for? I've used a word processor in the past while writing reviews for a website, however when I did this I needed to edit my post prior to publishing my work because the formatting on the website broke my article and sentences were broken up and it was a unreadable mess. I think it's better to write your articles on the website, save a draft and then post it whenever it's ready to be published.

I have in the past sat and written articles using Microsoft Word but for the most part, I prefer to write up the articles on the website they are going to be published on and then save them as a draft whilst I work on them and proofread them to fix any issues.

I usually use Microsoft Word when clients wish for me to send the work I complete in a file.

When I am writing on my smartphone, I use a word counter Notepad to write my contents. That is because I have to monitor that my content is well structured to fall in line with the required word count. There are times though that I just get inspired and start writing on the submission pane too, but the use of a word processor always makes it easier for me.

On the PC, i get to use Google Docs. It is intuitive and has good tools to enhance my writing tasks.

Microsoft word is what I use most of the time. But if I am working on my phone I make use of WPS because it is easier to navigate. So I mostly use the two to get my work done.

Yes, I use Microsoft Word. I draft my articles first in Microsoft Word and once I am happy with everything I will transfer this to the platform. I will keep a copy of the article saved on my computer in case of any technical issues too.

I use Google Docs for the version control. Since the rise of Ai, one of my clients asks for the versions and I also want to follow the changes I have made, especially for large drafts that change a lot.

I use Google Docs for the version control. Since the rise of Ai, one of my clients asks for the versions and I also want to follow the changes I have made, especially for large drafts that change a lot.
That's a smart move! I use Google Docs too. It's very ideal for tracking changes, which is very crucial. Google Docs is ideal for efficient editing any time, any day.

I have been using Microsoft Word ro write contents since my clients always prefer their works to be submitted in Docx format. And it is quite easy to proofread my work using the grammarly extension for Microsoft word. I really don't feel at ease writing articles on a website directly

I do not publish my articles right after completing it, I let it to sit for a couple of days, edit it thoroughly. I repeat the process a couple of times.Therefore, I do not directly write on the website where I am publishing, I wrote on Word.

I do not publish my articles right after completing it, I let it to sit for a couple of days, edit it thoroughly. I repeat the process a couple of times.Therefore, I do not directly write on the website where I am publishing, I wrote on Word.
Wise approach! One of the effective strategies of editing is making the work to sit and then come back and look at it again. In my opinion, it will help in the identifying errors as well as improve and solidify one’s thoughts before the work is printed.

Back