Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Do you use social media to promote your writing work?

Shortie

Apprentice
Credits
Writing is a great way to make money and you could even potentially earn a living from writing if you stick at it and get clients who choose to stick with you for their work.

Of course, being able to make money from writing, you will need to advertise and market your work in the first place to gain clients who could potentially come back for more work.

Do you use social media to market your writing work? How successful have you found social media marketing to be for you as a writer?

I am building my X account gradually in the writing niche. I want to focus on that platform first, later I can expand to Facebook. It has not been an easy journey, I should add. But with consistency I can make it bubbling business empire.

make it look professional, you might get a few views or even a client. It is definitely worth a shot. I'm not a writer, but if I were, I would go to social media like TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook and try to get interested.

I have been writing for many years, trying many ways to express my thoughts and ideas. Around five or six years ago, I started a journey to use the power of different social media platforms to share and market my writing. Promoting my writing marked a break from my previous strategy, which had depended only on my blog and current clients to present my work. However, this shift in method led me to discover the many advantages of advertising one's writing. By actively promoting my writings, I have reached audiences from around the world. Using relevant hashtags, I intentionally targeted and interacted with specific audience segments, increasing the reach of my content. Furthermore, the act of promoting my writing has paved the way for expanded visibility, ensuring that my writings reach people who would not have discovered my work through traditional routes. This has broadened my audience and allowed for real contacts and exchanges, fostering the possibility of future collaboration from these people.

Personally I am not into professional writing, so I do not make use of social media for promotion. My sister on the other hand recently started a career in writing and she uses social media as a means to advertise her work. From what I have seen it has been effective since she has gotten a few contracts from there.

I'm using YouTube, but not exactly to promote my writing jobs: YouTube is a compulsory step to publish a writing job that involves a video (in my case, I'm currently using video-slides to show the Spanish pronunciation of my last e-book, that I'm writing to give language lessons to English speaking colleagues). In the past, I needed YouTube to upload my e-book trailers I prepared for my e-novels. I need YouTube links to publish these videos on my paid-to-social platforms.

I use Facebook to flaunt my writing skills and services. I write very deeply crafted pieces with sharp intros and post them on my Facebook wall. That always draws attention from Facebook friends who contact for writing jobs. I keep a hilarious diary on X. There, I write on several issues that I feel like writing on but from a hilarious and witty angle. That initiative has earned me so many fans. And they have referred my writing services to lots of people. I find social media a good tool for a writer to promote his or her writing work.

yes, I use social media to promote my articles as well as paperbacks and ebooks. I not only generate sales for my ebooks and paperbacks through social media promotion but also get traffic on my blog posts and online articles.

I don't use my social networks expressly to promote my writing works, but I have written for many forums and I continue to write in them, it is something similar to a social network from my point of view, talking about forums, so it is a good showcase also for your writing, perhaps in the future I will use my social networks to promote my writing works.

Yes, I use social media to promote my work. Twitter has always been a great platform. I use it for sharing bite-sized updates and to engage with the readers. Also, I use Instagram to showcase my writing personality, and it's been a wonderful journey so far. Facebook is ideal for sharing longer updates and for connecting with your audience as well. I also use LinkedIn a little to establish my professional writing credentials.

I love Twitter because it's a great place for sharing quick updates and also connecting with other writers. You can also participate in writing contest on the platform. I found out that it is very effective to share my work because I got a desirable result.

Sometimes, I use Telegram also, because I'm in groups formed by my PTP socials. It's useful to get colleagues' positive votes, as a lot of time each of us knows about new posts in our PTPs following the posts' links.

Sometimes, I use Telegram also, because I'm in groups formed by my PTP socials. It's useful to get colleagues' positive votes, as a lot of time each of us knows about new posts in our PTPs following the posts' links.
That's indeed a great way to leverage social media for promotion and telegram groups can be a fantastic way to connect with fellow writers and industry professionals because I've tried it before, especially within niche communities and to works.

Back