Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Have you ever got to beta test a game?

Ravenfreak

Apprentice
Credits
Have you ever been lucky enough to get to beta test a game before it was released? I got to beta test a upcoming Sonic game called "Sonic Rumble" that's due to come out in Winter. I usually don't like multiplayer games, but this game was tons of fun and I can't wait for it to be released in the Winter. I also got to beta test a Sonic fan game and ROM hack in the past, but this was the first time I ever got to beta test an official game from Sega.

I have not had that opportunity to be part of the first people who played a particular game. Maybe it is because I don't like multplayer games as much as I can remember. Maybe that's the reason.

I have had quite a few opportunities to beta-test games in the past. I remember when Fall Guys was getting ready to release, I was able to beta-test that game and I have also beta-tested some Call of Duty games as well in the past.

I would have loved to jump in and check out the Valorant beta that is happening right now on the console, unfortunately, it's not available on my console as I have the Xbox One X still at the moment and not the S or X.

I have tried out several beta tests on a couple of games, and I found out that:
-Most of them offer an exciting opportunity to try new games early.
-It’s definitely agreat way to provide feedback and shape the game's development as well. And,
-It's equally important to know that it can be buggy and frustrating too.

I've actually beta-tested a few games, and I must say that I had a great experience, but what we should also know is that it comes with a lot of responsibility. I've seen a lot of games improve significantly based on feedback, so it's absolutely rewarding to be a part of the process.

Back