Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Have you ever received a chargeback?

Shortie

Apprentice
Credits
One of the main worries for freelancers is the possibility of receiving a chargeback after a payment has been sent to you for work you have completed.

I have not received a chargeback for work that had been completed but it is something that is a worry as you never know when someone could strike.

Have you ever received a chargeback? How did you handle it?

This is primarily why I opt for PayPal in my freelance work. I take screenshots of everything, which includes the finished work and the email sent to the client with the completed project. This way, if they claim they didn't receive the project, I have proof.

I have received chargeback in the past. It was a frustrating experience for me, but the good thing is, I learned from it. The client claimed that I didn't deliver the work as I promised and it wasn't true. It's part of the challenges in freelance jobs.

Although I have never encountered and received a chargeback, but I have long heard complaints from people who received chargebacks either from PayPal or credit cards. So I think the best way is to make sure there is an escrow for your transactions, whether it is on e-commerce or buying crypto with Paypal. In addition, we also have to be careful with new clients or customers.

I have not gotten a chargeback on a work that I did in the past. I try to stick to an agreement and do my best in working greatly on a job. Getting a chargeback can be frustrating and I try my best to avoid such scenario.

Chargebacks can happen anytime. What you need to do is stay calm and respond promptly. But don't forget to gather evidence before resolving the issue. I use chargebacks as opportunities to improve my services and to prevent future disputes.

Back