Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Have You Ever Tried Dropshipping

Nomad

Novice Trader
Credits
Dropshipping is a business model where you don't have to manufacture products, acquire products, or even fulfill your buyers' orders. You sell from your store, whereas another company will fulfil the order. Since you don't invest money on products and you don't provide fulfillment, it is low cost business. I have done it but I was not able to generate enough sales to cover my expenses. Have you tried something like this?

It is not 2016 anymore; dropshipping is a lot harder. You need to think a lot more to succeed in the industry. I have never tried it, but even if I did, I don't think I would generate money because of the insane competition.

I have looked into dropshipping in the past but it's not something I have jumped in and attempted to do, mainly because I do not feel I know enough about it at the moment to be able to successfully run a business using dropshipping.

Yes, I was into dropshipping, and what I learnt is to find a reliable supplier and conduct thorough market research as well. One big challenge I had was shipping and customer service. So, to venture into this business, you’ve got to prepare for it.

One big mistake I think people make is not selecting a niche with low competition and high demand. You can use platforms like Shopify or Oberlo to streamline your operations.

I've tried to start this business many times but it's not something I've ventured into yet, and I think the competition in that business is too overwhelming today, I prefer other types of businesses that I know I can get more out of without dealing with an indecent amount of competitiveness.

Yes, I've tried dropshipping in the past. So I started an online store with the sale of clothes, and it was indeed a great way to test the market without holding too much inventory. Overall, it was indeed a valuable learning experience for me.

Back