Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Have you had any experience with a troublesome client?

Heatman

Apprentice
Credits
Human beings are troublesome by nature. If you run into one who's built that way, there's nothing you would do that's not going to end up being a problem. In your years of working as a freelancer, what are your own personal encounters with clients who are troublesome and difficult to work with? How did you manage them when they pay for a job?

Unfortunately, yes. I had some experiences with a client who constantly changed his requirements, which made it very challenging to deliver the project. Based on my experience, I think the way out is to try to address the issues through open communication and by setting clear boundaries for all of your the project.

Unfortunately, yes. I had some experiences with a client who constantly changed his requirements, which made it very challenging to deliver the project. Based on my experience, I think the way out is to try to address the issues through open communication and by setting clear boundaries for all of your the project.

You are right. Find out what works best and try to set out clear boundaries on how the work should be done. There is no need acting like you are scared of then especially when they are stamping on your rights.

Absolutely, it's what each and every freelancer should prepare for. Setting clear boundaries and standing firm on your rights is crucial if you encounter a troublesome client. Before, I get intimidated easily. But now, I focus on finding solutions, and I compromise sometimes so that both parties can be satisfied.

Back