Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Have you participated in writing contests?

uptrendfinancialsignal

Novice Trader
Credits
I haven't participated in any writing contest yet, but hey, I really want to do it in the future. I must say, it's definitely going to be a great experience. The contests could be a poetry competitions, or a novel-writing contest. I understand the excitement in winning a contest and it can be very fantastic and it's a confidence booster as well. Has anyone had the experience?

Last edited:
I have participated in quite a number of them, but I am yet to win any prize. It’s still a win for me though because those contests are avenues for me to challenge myself and gain more exposure.

No, but I believe if you are a beginner and you want to be a writer for a living, these contests have some benefits. You could practice, try different styles, and more, and you can spot your mistakes if you did poorly. I think it would be interesting to implement a leaderboard for these types of contests, not only first place.

I have taken part in a couple of writing contests in the past, and it was one of the ways to learn while hoping to earn. I have won some and lost some along the line.

I have participated in quite a number of them, but I am yet to win any prize. It’s still a win for me though because those contests are avenues for me to challenge myself and gain more exposure.
It's very true that writers can leverage on the writing contests to hone their skill and to challenge themselves as well.

I have been involved in writing for the past ten years. It helps me improve my skills and express my creativity through different forms of writing. While I have not yet participated in any writing contests, I am interested in doing so in my spare time. Engaging in writing contests offers a great opportunity to showcase one’s writing skills to a global audience. Prospective readers and publishers from diverse corners of the world can discover and appreciate your work, potentially leading to rewarding opportunities for collaboration or publication. Awards or prizes through these contests can greatly enhance your recognition within the writing community and increase your prospects of securing high-paying writing jobs in the future. In addition, participating in writing contests serves as an effective method to combat writer's block, bolster confidence, and establish connections with fellow writers. These connections provide valuable support in overcoming writing challenges and serve as a source of motivation to continue creating persuasive content.

I have been involved in writing for the past ten years. It helps me improve my skills and express my creativity through different forms of writing. While I have not yet participated in any writing contests, I am interested in doing so in my spare time. Engaging in writing contests offers a great opportunity to showcase one’s writing skills to a global audience. Prospective readers and publishers from diverse corners of the world can discover and appreciate your work, potentially leading to rewarding opportunities for collaboration or publication. Awards or prizes through these contests can greatly enhance your recognition within the writing community and increase your prospects of securing high-paying writing jobs in the future. In addition, participating in writing contests serves as an effective method to combat writer's block, bolster confidence, and establish connections with fellow writers. These connections provide valuable support in overcoming writing challenges and serve as a source of motivation to continue creating persuasive content.

The writing contests can be used as a platform to showcase your talent, gain recognition and also connect with the fellow writers. It's indeed a good deal.

I have participated in a few writing contests in the past, some of which I have been successful in and have won something and others I wasn't successful but I still had a lot of fun participating in the contests.

Taking part in writing contests I find is a great way to better your writing skills or even become a better writer over time.

I have been part of so many writing contests. I have won quite a few and not really had luck with others. I have won the best review for a book on a review writing contest. I have also entered some essay competitions. I did one about feminism and I was first runner up. Writing contests can actually inspire writers.

I have been part of so many writing contests. I have won quite a few and not really had luck with others. I have won the best review for a book on a review writing contest. I have also entered some essay competitions. I did one about feminism and I was first runner up. Writing contests can actually inspire writers.
Congratulations on your win. I see it as a great motivator and it could be used to refine your craft . How has these experiences impacted your writing style and confidence?

Once I used to write on Helium, which is defunct now. It used to run writing contests every month and I have won many writing contests. These contests offered cash prizes.

Once I used to write on Helium, which is defunct now. It used to run writing contests every month and I have won many writing contests. These contests offered cash prizes.
That's awesome! Helium must have been the perfect platform where anyone could practice his or her talent and even be rewarded. Do you think that participating in those contests enable you develop your writing skill?

Back