Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Hello everyone, I am kennedy

ken_gitahi

Apprentice
Content Writer
Credits
Hello there! I am Kennedy, a Laravel/ WordPress developer, PHP, and forum enthusiast. I hope to connect to as many of you as possible over time.

Hi Kennedy! Thanks for joining! Welcome to Agora. Pleased to meet you! Can I ask, how did you find us? What do you like about Laravel?

Hi Kennedy! Thanks for joining! Welcome to Agora. Pleased to meet you! Can I ask, how did you find us? What do you like about Laravel?
Hello Cedric, I found the forum on Digital Point and because interested immediately.

I love Laravel for its code simplicity. However, it is also a powerful framework with lots of the functionalities I need to my work. I also love it because it does not constrain me; I can use the best parts of Laravel alongside pure PHP code whenever I need to and as I need to complete specific tasks.

Lastly, there is the ecosystem. Whether it's packages from the core Laravel team or independent contributors, you can find what you need to plug into your project easily and be sure it is created by experienced developers who love the framework as much as I do.

Welcome to Agora, @ken_gitahi! I'm pretty much the opposite of you in that I like frontend coding more than the backend.
I think I balance both. I write both frontend and backend code, although my design skills could use a bit of work :)

It's almost impossible these days to only focus on either, especially if you work directly with clients like I do. However, my friends working in a company setting tell me it is much easier to separate the two because they are hired for specific goals and positions.

I think I balance both. I write both frontend and backend code, although my design skills could use a bit of work :)

It's almost impossible these days to only focus on either, especially if you work directly with clients like I do. However, my friends working in a company setting tell me it is much easier to separate the two because they are hired for specific goals and positions.
I don't have any backend or design skills, so you're quite ahead of me in those fields.

I would like to become a junior front-end web developer one day, but it seems like a hard field to get into since people who need programming expertise usually want you to know the whole package deal.

I don't have any backend or design skills, so you're quite ahead of me in those fields.

I would like to become a junior front-end web developer one day, but it seems like a hard field to get into since people who need programming expertise usually want you to know the whole package deal.
If you focus on the front-end, you can become an expert at it and the go-to person for clients or companies. In time, you can add some backend skills, which is important if you go the freelance route or work directly with clients.

However, always remember that client are often looking for the most amount of value for the least amount of money, so they often prefer a developer with both back and frontend skills.

If you focus on the front-end, you can become an expert at it and the go-to person for clients or companies. In time, you can add some backend skills, which is important if you go the freelance route or work directly with clients.

However, always remember that client are often looking for the most amount of value for the least amount of money, so they often prefer a developer with both back and frontend skills.
That is some wise advice!

Yeah, clients are more likely to hire someone with a good amount of knowledge that will give them the biggest bang for their buck!

I’m doing well. Thank you for asking.

I’m also a member of Digitalpoint, it’s a nice forum. We’re glad that you’re here! Were you ever a member of Sitepoint?
I was a member of SitePoint some time back while I was new to the digital world. Learned a lot there and also worked with some incredible people I found through the platform.

Hi ken_gitahi! Welcome to agora! I am Ashley, one of the moderators here and I am excited that you decided to join. I look forward to getting to know you through the forums. Welcome to the very new forum! If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions we would love to hear it, we are always looking for new ways to make our members stay more enjoyable.

Back