Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Highest you've spent buying a game?

Henrywrites

Apprentice
Credits
There are lots of free games, and there are those games that are not free as well. When it comes to buying games, what is the highest amount that you've spent to acquire one game?

When it comes to the amount I am always willing to pay for any video game, I have set my mark not to pay for a game more than 70 USD. It is the reason why I only limit myself to buy only the Standard Edition of any kind of game that I want to buy.

I spent $60 (I think) on Modern Warfare II when it first came out, primarily because I had a $50 gift card. I probably wouldn't have spent that much otherwise.

I spent $60 (I think) on Modern Warfare II when it first came out, primarily because I had a $50 gift card. I probably wouldn't have spent that much otherwise.

That's a lot of money to be spent on a game. There is no doubt that Modern Warfare 2 is a cool game, but 60 dollars is a lot, too. I guess you paid because of the gift card that you had.

That's a lot of money to be spent on a game. There is no doubt that Modern Warfare 2 is a cool game, but 60 dollars is a lot, too. I guess you paid because of the gift card that you had.
Exactly, I wouldn't have spent that much out of my wallet. I generally spend no more than $35 on video games. I wait for them to go on sale.

I am always cautious about how much money I spend on video games and where I can I will always wait for a deal on a video game or even a sale before I jump on a video game.

I think the most I have paid for a new video game release was £60 and that was Destiny 2 when it first released. As you can imagine, I was annoyed when they made the game free-to-play some years later.

As for in-game purchases, I would have spent the most on Fortnite over the 6 years I have been playing.

£49.99 for the base game of Civilization VI - but, I expect I've spent several times that amount on expansions for Crusader Kings II and The Sims 4 over the years!

Back