Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

How did you get into web development?

Cory

Novice Trader
Credits
We coders all found our way into web development somehow, what's your story?

I started using basic HTML and CSS on InvisionFree back in the day, then when ZetaBoards came along and jQuery came installed with it by default I started dabbling in JavaScript and the more jQuery I used the more Vanilla JavaScript I became acquainted with. I've been into web development for free forum software for over a decade. I was so anxious to learn JavaScript, and I'm glad I did because it opened me up to a world of possibilities for amazing things I can accomplish just by typing.

I got involved with a web app but didn't know that much about web technologies. Spending time with it, I got more interested and started taking the time to learn more.

Same as Cory. My journey started on InvisionFree with CSS and HTML. It wasn't until a few years ago, I started to understand more languages like PHP, JS, etc. I'd really like to get into Laravel.

I started out using basic HTML back on Geocities when that was around. I used to make fan websites for bands and singers that I was a fan of.

CSS was something I learned a little later when I got into forums.

My journey into web development began with lots of experimentation. Actually, I started with basic HTML and CSS.

For me the journey started with MySpace and building profile code. Which quickly led to me building an html site and I wanted to add a forum so a friend of mine at the time that was a developer set me up a forum, which was SimpleMachines. I was hooked and have never looked back.

Back