Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

How important is gaming to mental health?

Naza

Apprentice
Credits
A couple of people have said that they play games to get away from being depressed. In their words, playing games is a sure way to feel happier and look good. Do you believe that playing games plays a significant role in how anyone tends to feel mentally?

As someone who struggles with mental health, I have found that gaming helps me so much not only with my mental health but to also just shut off and forget about things for a while.

A lot of my issues come from stress, I suffer with anxiety and tend to worry more than I should which in turn ends up causing stress, so gaming does help me a lot.

Gaming and mental health really does not have any significant effect on mental health to my own knowledge. All it does is to reduce stress and give you a fun time, linking it to helping with mental health is asking for too much.

The impact of gaming on mental health is so pronounced, and here are my thoughts:
-Gaming can provide stress relief and relaxation to players.
-It can offer social connections and
it can also improve cognitive skills. And,
- we should know that it contributes to addiction and isolation.

I think gaming can definitely have both positive and negative effects on mental health. The most important thing is to maintain balance, and we also need to be aware of how gaming impacts our well-being.

Too some extend it has depending on the type of game. Let say puzzle kind of game that make one think in setting the answer right. One it improves the thinking ability (i.e IQ)
And mental health includes thinking. I think is a plus to gaming when it comes to mental health

Too some extend it has depending on the type of game. Let say puzzle kind of game that make one think in setting the answer right. One it improves the thinking ability (i.e IQ)
And mental health includes thinking. I think is a plus to gaming when it comes to mental health
I completely agree that games like puzzle games, can have a positive impact on mental health because I've played a couple of them and they've helped me improve my cognitive and problem-solving skills.

Back