Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

How long do you allow for posts to be edited?

Ja sa bong

Apprentice
Credits
I've seen forums where it's not possible for you to edit your posts while some allow you a time limit of either 5 to 10 minutes to edit it. Some don't allow you to edit your DM to them too, I can't understand that part as well.

How long do you allow your members to edit their post? How about DM editing? Have you used any board where it's not allowed to edit a sent DM?

There is a reason to let users edit their posts. I don't like being in a position where I am restricted to editing my posts. I mean, why would I be denied that right on a site where I posted my contents?

There is a reason to let users edit their posts. I don't like being in a position where I am restricted to editing my posts. I mean, why would I be denied that right on a site where I posted my contents?
There are those who are always of the habit of changing the narrative of whatever they are discussing on especially when it is no longer going their way based on their initial opinion. This is the reason why it is prevented for some people to edit their comment after a certain period of time so that they will stick to whatever they have said before.

I tend to not have a time limit on being able to edit posts for my members unless I have a reason for it, for example, if I find that a lot of people tend to edit their posts to add links a few days later.

If I do choose to add a time limit, I make it an hour at most before they can no longer edit their post.

Many sections of my forum need editing to be enabled at all times so users can fix/update their codes when needed since I run a resource board. However, I still allow the editing of all posts at all times. People could drop spam advertisements or inappropriate content in edited posts, but I try to keep a keen eye open for that.

I don’t have a time limit on when users can edit their posts or DMs on my forum because there are users who like to come back and edit their posts, especially artists or programmers selling things in my gaming marketplace. Spam advertisements aren’t a major issue.

Back