Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

How many clients do you have?

freelancermaria

Apprentice
Credits
As a new freelancer in the online space many years ago, I found myself juggling three clients simultaneously. Balancing their tasks and deadlines was quite challenging, especially without the help of any productivity tools. Despite the difficulty, I was grateful for the opportunity to gain diverse experience.

However, as the coronavirus pandemic emerged, my client base dwindled to just one. Unfortunately, this remaining client became unpredictable and unstable, leaving me uncertain about the cause. I could not help but wonder if this was influenced by the increasing popularity of AI technologies, which might have affected the demand for human freelancers.

Currently, I am left with only one client to manage. I am curious about your experience. How many clients do you currently have, and if it is more than one, how do you efficiently manage and prioritize their tasks and demands?

At one point had about five clients but have since lowered how many I have due to other work commitments and changes in my circumstances.

What I have now which is two solid clients is perfect for me and will be what I will be continuing with for the foreseeable.

I don't have any clients. Last year, I tried working on Upwork as a freelance graphic designer. Though I admit I was not all that serious I tried bidding for some gigs but could never secure anyone. After a while, I had to give up on it. Maybe I was not patient enough or I was simply doing something wrong.

At the moment, I have about 5 steady clients that I'm working with. I still have some others who only need my services once in a while, it's why I don't count them among my steady clients. I'm still working on building my clients base.

Really few, though I am not in a rush. I just started my business and I do not expect it to take off suddenly. But I am really putting in the work and I hope it continues to grow and expand.

I have a steady six clients that give me recurring orders. It is not easy managing to meet up with datelines especially when the orders are coming in simultaneously. I just keep scheduling their gigs in order to meet up with deliver dates. My clientele base would have been higher but I have had to refer other freelancers to them because I really struggle with having a balance for my offline endeavours. As it stands, I have six steady clients that would always give me gigs within a short period of completing their previous gigs.

I have one main client and one I work with intermittently. I can take on more, but I am always thinking about commitment. Taking on too many clients runs the risk of missing deadlines or doing shoddy work. These two are the best ways to lose clients, so it is better to only have ones I can manage comfortably.

I have one main client and one I work with intermittently. I can take on more, but I am always thinking about commitment. Taking on too many clients runs the risk of missing deadlines or doing shoddy work. These two are the best ways to lose clients, so it is better to only have ones I can manage comfortably.
I get where you're coming from! Quality over quantity is crucial. I also ensure to have a manageable client load and it has really helped me to ensure I meet deadlines. It's crucial to also prioritize a few valued clients over multiple ones especially the potentially stressful ones.

Back