Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

How many hours do you put into freelance work?

Ravenfreak

Apprentice
Credits
How many hours do you put in your freelance work? Is there a specific day of the week where you tend to get more orders for the services you offer and thus do you have to put more hours into your work? For me I like to put at least 2 hours in a day for my freelance work. Since I also have a full time job, I don't have all the time to focus on freelance work. It's always best to put enough time into your work to ensure you offer your best work, you never want to rush a job since you could make mistakes.

Client meetings usually last around an hour, during which we clarify their requirements. I have a laptop to create concept models immediately. The duration of the actual project varies based on my availability. Given my hectic work schedule recently, I can dedicate about 4 to 5 hours to a project, including revisions and client feedback. Therefore, completing an entire project typically takes me about a week.

I find that I put anything from 6 - 12 hours into my freelance work as I work from home and for myself. I was at one point working more than 12 hours a day and that was causing burnout and health issues so I had to sit and set myself goals to be sure I stuck to a certain amount of hours rather than just working for hours on end without a thought.

I would say about 3 to 4 hours on a daily basis. This is because I have to work offline as well, so I have to dedicate a sure 7 hours to that daily. Very soon I plan to go into freelancing only and I can spend 10 hours on it in a daily basis.

I make most of my money as a freelancer. Therefore, I spend a large amount of my time working on freelancing projects. I work on my own projects only when I have no freelancing contracts. It is very rare for me not to have any freelancing contracts.

When it comes to my work and how much time I spend doing it, there is no specific time frame. It mostly depends on the nature of the work. There are times I spend almost the whole day on just a single project, then there are days where I only spend a few hours.

It actually depends on what I'm working on. If it's a pressing job, I might put on 5 to 6 hours on it daily which can be very stressful. This is why I don't usually take on jobs which are pressing because I like to work on my own pace and do a good job.

I have not actually sat down to do calculations of the number of hours I use. But I think it should be around 5 to 6 hours everyday.

It depends on the work I have each day to do, some days only 4-6 hours a day, and others I have even come to work as a freelancer for 12 hours, it all depends, but I usually work about 4-6 hours a day, even if I don't have enough work to do.

The amount of hours that I would put into my freelancing gig daily is just 4 to 5 hours. I am running an offline business and won't have all the time to work on freelancing projects for a whole day. But giving a steady 4 hours consistently everyday, I am able to always complete my freelancing gigs on schedule. There are highly engaging gigs that I shift to go do in the night though. Those ones need critical thinking and I spend an extra hour at night to work it out.

The amount of hours that I would put into my freelancing gig daily is just 4 to 5 hours. I am running an offline business and won't have all the time to work on freelancing projects for a whole day. But giving a steady 4 hours consistently everyday, I am able to always complete my freelancing gigs on schedule. There are highly engaging gigs that I shift to go do in the night though. Those ones need critical thinking and I spend an extra hour at night to work it out.
It's been very tough balancing offline business and freelancing; that is why I make sure to have dedicated hours daily to freelance work. It's usually between 4 and 6 hours, but it has to depend on the complexity of the work. One thing I noticed is that consistency helps to ensure timely project completion.

Back