Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

How To Balance Multiple Freelance Projects Efficiently

uptrendfinancialsignal

Novice Trader
Credits
Trust me, juggling multiple freelance projects can be very overwhelming. Here is my secret to balancing them in a very efficient manner. I use a project management tool like Asana or Trello to track my progress, deadlines, and tasks as well.

Also, I make sure to prioritize tasks, set realistic timelines, and also communicate regularly with all of my clients. It really helped a lot.

Juggling many different projects can indeed be overwhelming and stressful. I have on many occasions set up to-do lists but still in the past found myself overwhelmed no matter what I did.

I have not heard of Asana or Trello but will be looking into these.

It’s hard enough managing one, so it’s even more difficult managing multiple projects at once.

I often wonder how people do it. I guess at some point not every project requires the same amount of energy. Having a Project Management system will definitely aid in this.

You need to dedicate specific timeslots for each project you want to do, and you must avoid multitasking. Setting boundaries is also crucial. I make sure to use a calendar to visualise my workload and to schedule regular breaks. This has really helped me to maintain productivity. In the course of my experience, I've learnt to say no to non-aligned projects and also delegate tasks when possible.

It is not easy to juggle multiple freelancing orders at once. I always tell freelancers to check their itinerary very well and balance it with proposed submission dateline before you accept a gig. It is better to turn a gig down for lack of time to complete it. You can always get to work with the client later on, than taking a gig and missing datelines. You might just lose that client forever.

For me, I only take the number of gigs I can handle per time. I don't take more than five pending gigs. I prioritize based on deliver dates to make sure I deliver.

Back