Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

How to Handle Negative Feedback from Clients

uptrendfinancialsignal

Novice Trader
Credits
IMG-20240820-WA0014.webp
Freelanders should be able to turn negative feedback into positive growth because receiving negative feedback from clients can be very tough, but it's definitely an opportunity to learn and improve. Follow these 3 key points if you want to handle clients’s negative feedback effectively.

1). You need to stay calm and be objective. This means you need to take a step back and don't take it personally.
2). You should acknowledge and apologise to your clients.
3). Ask questions to understand the root of the issue.

As a freelancer, I have gotten a fair share of criticism and feedback over the years. Handling negative feedback from clients is especially difficult, but I always take it as a chance. For anyone new to this, start by listening carefully and acknowledging their concerns without becoming defensive. Being defensive will only make things worse. You might be tempted to do this if you think the criticism is not fair but keep calm.

Always clarify any points of confusion and offer solutions to address their issues.

Also, show a willingness to improve. Dong this will help resolve the current problem and also strengthen your professional relationship and credibility.

As a freelancer, I have gotten a fair share of criticism and feedback over the years. Handling negative feedback from clients is especially difficult, but I always take it as a chance. For anyone new to this, start by listening carefully and acknowledging their concerns without becoming defensive. Being defensive will only make things worse. You might be tempted to do this if you think the criticism is not fair but keep calm.

Always clarify any points of confusion and offer solutions to address their issues.

Also, show a willingness to improve. Dong this will help resolve the current problem and also strengthen your professional relationship and credibility.
To handle negative feedback from clients effectively, you need to listen carefully and acknowledge their concerns. You should also try to clarify all their points without defensiveness.

Being defensive, especially when the other party feels they are helping, will always lead to difficult situations. This is not to say you should not stand up for yourself, but you should know how to do so and defend yourself, and when you need to listen.

Back