Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

How to Set the Right Freelance Rates?

uptrendfinancialsignal

Novice Trader
Credits
Setting the right freelance rates can be a very daunting task for the freelancers but based on a little research I carried out. I've found out that it's neccesary to research the industry standards on how to calculate my hourly rate is very crucial. It's equally important to put into consideration your experience and skills as well. What are your tips for setting freelance rates?

I have found as a freelancer that offering the going rate at the moment which is $0.20 per post and $0.25 per thread for forum writing or $1 per 100 words when it comes to articles has worked out best for me.

It requires conducting proper research into the industry standards. I also make sure to factor in my business expenses, taxes, and desired income to help me determine my rates. I would say that it’s very essential to be confident in your worth and communicate your value to clients too. Remember that low rates don't always mean more work. Sometimes I've learnt to also engage in considering the client's perspective and to be flexible. I also make sure to offer tiered pricing or value-based pricing that can really attract a wider range of clients.

I personally often consider value as the utmost basis for setting my rates as a freelancer. With that, it is about the worth of my services to the clients. And secondly, I always have a tiered pricing generally for my writing services. That means a client desiring SEO kind of article gets to pay premium. Also, I consider the niche that I am recieving the gig from. There are some niches that are a tad technical, and I charge much higher. Business niche attracts general rates while niches like specific tech writings would surely attract higher prices.

Back