Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

How well do you handle feedback and constructive criticism on your writing?

Shortie

Apprentice
Credits
As a writer, we often face a lot of feedback and criticism regarding our work. In some cases, we enjoy receiving that feedback and criticism but there are times when we may not get told what we want to hear.

As a writer, how well do you take feedback and criticism? Are there ever times when you are not happy with what is said?

Every freelancer should strive to get feedback from all of their clients. But this does not mean that they should disregard the negative feedbacks they might get. It is an opportunity to grow and and perfect your skills.

Every freelancer should strive to get feedback from all of their clients. But this does not mean that they should disregard the negative feedbacks they might get. It is an opportunity to grow and and perfect your skills.
I agree with this =)

I encourage feedback. How am I supposed to know how I'm doing if I'm not getting feedback? I want to grow both as a writer and as a person so I need to know what I could be doing better or instead of what I'm currently doing.

I published my first article in 2003, I have published over 1000 articles on various newspapers in my home country, but I write in English as a second language. I studied English as an additional subject and not as a major subject. Therefore, I understand I am not very good with English language. Therefore, I appreciate feedback and constructive criticism.

I published my first article in 2003, I have published over 1000 articles on various newspapers in my home country, but I write in English as a second language. I studied English as an additional subject and not as a major subject. Therefore, I understand I am not very good with English language. Therefore, I appreciate feedback and constructive criticism.
May I ask what your first language is? My second language is also English, French being my first. So I completely understand your statement above. I mean I did decided to go to college in English so I had to relearn all of my terminology and what not but I still wouldn't say I'm an expert at English by any means. That's also why I enjoy feedback on my writing because there may still be things that I do not know about the English language.

May I ask what your first language is? My second language is also English, French being my first. So I completely understand your statement above. I mean I did decided to go to college in English so I had to relearn all of my terminology and what not but I still wouldn't say I'm an expert at English by any means. That's also why I enjoy feedback on my writing because there may still be things that I do not know about the English language.
My first language is Nepali. I am form Nepal, a country tugged between India and Tibet. I studied in English medium school and college, but my teachers and professors where not native English. I learned English from people who were using English as a second language. When you are writing in second language, you need to appreciate feedback and even merciless criticism. If you cannot accept criticism, you will never improve.

As a writer, we often face a lot of feedback and criticism regarding our work. In some cases, we enjoy receiving that feedback and criticism but there are times when we may not get told what we want to hear.

As a writer, how well do you take feedback and criticism? Are there ever times when you are not happy with what is said?

No matter what, I am always super happy to get feedback from my clients. I want to know where I am doing great and how I can improve from my weaknesses as time goes on. Getting those feedbacks makes me happy.

As a content writer, I have received a wide range of feedback from my clients. They were both positive and negative remarks. Initially, the negative feedback stung, and I struggled to take it lightly. However, over time, I have come to appreciate the value of constructive criticism and have learned to embrace it with an open mind and a willingness to improve. I firmly believe that taking note of these constructive criticisms will significantly contribute to my growth as a content writer. It can potentially pave the way for more rewarding writing gigs in the future. Whenever feedback is provided, I make it a point to ask follow-up questions in a polite manner to gain a deeper understanding. Furthermore, I carefully analyze repeated feedback to identify certain areas where I can boost my skills and polish my work.

There was a time I used to feel annoyed or irritated whenever someone corrects me, but over time I came to realize that it was mostly for my good. Instead of getting angry, I started putting more focus on the things they said and making the corrections needed. I can accept anything as long as I am not insulted in the process.

There was a time I used to feel annoyed or irritated whenever someone corrects me, but over time, I came to realize that it was mostly for my good. Instead of getting angry, I started putting more focus on the things they said and making the corrections needed. I can accept anything as long as I am not insulted in the process.

Getting angry at feedback helps no one at all. Rather, you are going to see that you are getting it all wrong since such a client won't want to order you for work again. So, it is better to look at what they are complaining about and make some adjustments to it.

Getting angry at feedback helps no one at all. Rather, you are going to see that you are getting it all wrong since such a client won't want to order you for work again. So, it is better to look at what they are complaining about and make some adjustments to it.
Embracing feedback and constructive criticism is actually needed for growth. Implementing suggested changes from the critics can lead to improved writing and can also help you build a stronger relationship with your clients..

Back