Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Instagram is adding a Myspace-like ‘song on profile’ feature

Cpvr

Novice Trader
Staff member
Community Moderator
Credits
Instagram has introduced a new feature that lets users add a song to their profile, reminiscent of Myspace from the early 2000s. According to shared screenshots, the chosen music will appear in the bio section of the profile and will remain there until the user decides to remove or change it. Unlike Myspace, however, these songs won’t autoplay—visitors to the profile can choose to play or pause the track.

To add a song, users can navigate to the "edit profile" page and search for a track within Instagram’s library of licensed music, which is also used for Reels and posts. Once a song is selected, users can choose a 30-second snippet to feature on their profile.

The feature is launching in partnership with pop star Sabrina Carpenter, whose hit "Espresso" has been a summer staple. Starting today, Carpenter's Instagram profile will include an exclusive teaser of her unreleased track "Taste," available ahead of her album launch on Friday. Instagram has announced that this new profile music feature will be the only place to hear the song before its official release.

Additionally, Instagram is rolling out some hidden features related to Carpenter's upcoming album, *Short n’ Sweet*. Certain keywords, like "Sabrina" or using a coffee cup emoji, will turn temporary Notes messages light blue, and a Carpenter-branded chat theme featuring lipstick kiss marks is also being added.

Source: https://www.theverge.com/2024/8/22/...g-on-profile-myspace-sabrina-carpenter-teaser

Oh this takes me back for sure... Would love to see more customization possibilities.

Sounds interesting. But the funny thing is that the more things change, the more they remain the same. Might this be the start of today's social media platforms borrowing features from those from the past?

That's a very impressive move! This feature is definitely going to be a blast. The good thing is that i can now add my favorite track to my profile. Trust me, this is the coolest thing!

Back