Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Is Fiverr losing its integrity? Concerns about scams and deception on the platform

Cedric

Agora Founder
Staff member
Administration
Credits
I've recently come across some disturbing discussions about the state of Fiverr, and it’s made me question the platform’s integrity. It appears that Fiverr has become a hotspot for scammers, liars, and cheats, which is incredibly disappointing for those who rely on it for freelance services. And admittedly, I haven't had much success with the platform before. Something always got in the way, or was fishy to drop out.

1716909539727.webp

Has anyone else noticed these problems? What are your thoughts on Fiverr’s current situation? It feels like the platform is heading in the wrong direction, and I’m curious to hear if others have had similar experiences.

Looking forward to your insights.

I was reading on reddit the other day where someone talked about how he was hired from Fiverr but it ended up being a scammer who told him to pay $200 for one silly reason before he gets the $1200 for the job he did. His only mistake was to take the job off Fiverr and ended up getting scammed. But my question is why Fiverr allow such accounts to be on their platform to start with?

I was reading on reddit the other day where someone talked about how he was hired from Fiverr but it ended up being a scammer who told him to pay $200 for one silly reason before he gets the $1200 for the job he did. His only mistake was to take the job off Fiverr and ended up getting scammed. But my question is why Fiverr allow such accounts to be on their platform to start with?
I think the problem is that Fiverr has grown into such large community while not having the employee's to monitor the gigs efficiently enough.

I think the problem is that Fiverr has grown into such large community while not having the employee's to monitor the gigs efficiently enough.
I totally agree with you and with the way I'm seeing it, they may end up setting up bots to do the job which is going to make it worse.

Freelancers should learn the importance of sticking to the rules set aside by platforms where they sell their services. If you sell your services on Fiverr, then there is no reason to accept a job outside it from a client on Fiverr unless you are just being greedy.

Freelancers should learn the importance of sticking to the rules set aside by platforms where they sell their services. If you sell your services on Fiverr, then there is no reason to accept a job outside it from a client on Fiverr unless you are just being greedy.
It's true what you've just mentioned. I was a victim once but on a different freelance website called SEOclerks. I ended up losing $60 job which I took on trust working for a client I've worked with for nearly 2 years.

I've stopped using Fiverr for a long time because I'm not having any major breakthrough with using their services to make money. I don't have clients on the platform who are interested in buying my services, so I had to stop using it. It's good I wasn't there to experienced being scammed on it.

I haven't used Fiverr in a while but it's a shame to see that scams and deception are getting bad on the platform. So many people as you say, rely on Fiverr to find freelance writers to help with content on their sites, knowing that scammers are running wild on the forum will only put people off using the service and that can't end well for Fiverr.

I am shocked that Fiverr is not doing more.

Back