Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Mechanical keyboards

Mace

Newcomer
Credits
I recently switched from the Apple keyboard to a mechanical keyboard: the (low-profile) Keychron K3 Max (or actually, I got two of them - one for the office, and one for when I am working from home). And, I must say, I love it! It has hot-swappable keyboard switches, so you can simply get more switch sets to try all those you might like. I am seriously wondering why I never tried switching to a mechanical keyboard before. It feels so much better when writing copy or code. The RGB modes are a nice feature, too - albeit just for fun. I like the effect where the backlight 'follows' you when typing.

I am currently using the Gateron Brown tactile switches, and I am waiting for Gateron Blue clicky switches and Gateron Banana tactile switches to arrive. I love the creamy sound of NuPhy's Cowberry switches (which I could also use on my Keychron), but I don't like how those are linear (since apparently I really like the tactile bump), so I haven't ordered them. I might try NuPhy's 'Moss' switches, though.

I personally also like the aesthetics of the NuPhy keyboards (the Air96 V2 seems to be the counterpart of mine), I just had a slight preference towards the Keychron.

Do you use a mechanical keyboard and if so, which one? How do you like it? What kind of switches do you prefer?

Congratulations on making the switch to mechanical keyboards. I'm also a big fan of the Keychron series. The hot-swappable feature is exactly what gets me attracted.

I use a very old keyboard that came with a desktop I bought years ago. I don't know if it is mechanical, through. I tried to use the one that came with my laptop, but the travel was too short, and the keys were too squishy. So I dug this one up and have been using it since.

Funny thing is, the more I have used it, the easier it has become to type on it and so the faster I have become at using it. Maybe it is just wearing down over time!

Back