Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Running a Forum/Blog as a Business

Nomad

Novice Trader
Credits
My primary aim of running a blog or a forum is to make money.I don't make money on my forums beyond $10-$20 but my blogs make me decent money. My blogs and forums are not a business but I am trying to built them into a business so that I can make money. Are you running a forum or a blog as a business?

I don’t own one currently, but when I eventually do I surely want to make a few bucks out of it at least. But it seems blogs does it better than forums.

I don’t own one currently, but when I eventually do I surely want to make a few bucks out of it at least. But it seems blogs does it better than forums.
Blogs have always been better to generate income since they're treated better by Google. It's easier to put content on them that matters, while forums have more user generated content which is ranked way lower than actual blog posts.

If you can build a forum with a lot of active users, you can get a lot of internal traffic, which can help you generate revenue. If you have a lot of users on your site,you can also earn from sponsorship, membership etc. Blogs are of course treated better but getting traffic on blog is very difficult

If you want to make money easily from Google, the blog way should be what to follow because they get recognised and ranked by Google way to easier than how forums are. Optimise your blog, publish high quality contents and have decent engagements, Google will do the rest for you.

I am not running any forums or blogs as a business. I do have two forums that are monetized with Google Adsense which do make a little but that is purely to help with the costs of running the forums which does help.

I would at some point love to own a blog that I could earn enough as a business but for now, still working on ideas and ways I could fit it all in to succeed in that.

I used to own and operate two websites focusing on travel and beauty. While I did not sell any products directly, I monetized the sites through affiliate marketing and Google AdSense. During that time, I observed some fellow bloggers integrating e-commerce into their websites. It significantly boosted their income, without a doubt. Inspired by their success, I plan to acquire a new domain website this year and dedicate a section to the products I like to sell. Although I quite expect some challenges based on my previous experience, I am determined to make it work this time. I will take the time to learn how to do it on YouTube. It will be a WordPress website or a Shopify e-commerce website.

I came up with the idea for my blog to keep track of things I was working on. I decided to share my experiences and insights to help myself understand better and maybe even help others out.

I don't plan to make a business out of it but maybe it will lead to working on different projects and collaborating with others.

Back