Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Single Niche Vs. Multiple Niches

Nomad

Novice Trader
Credits
Do you run a single niche website or multi niches website? Do you like single niche or multiple niches? Well, I like running single niche websites. That's because it is easier to bring targeted traffic on your site, it is also easier to bring users on your site based on their interest.

All my sites are niches. My business website is specifically geared towards tile installation. My diet website is specifically geared towards keto and carnivore, and my religious website is for a specific group.

I too have always managed niches. I prefer it since it's easier to build and maintain. But it's also more challenging because there is often already a bigger competitor.

I have felt that if you own a niche site, you might not be able to draw crowd, especially if your niche is micro niche, however, you can also build a loyal community if you have a niche forum.

I also manage a niche forum; however, it’s part of a bigger niche since it’s considered an online game. My main niche is “virtual pets” and sim games. The online game niche is a lot more competitive, but the virtual pets and sim games niche isn’t, as there isn’t a site that focuses on them like mine does.

A single niche forum will thrive well if you have the traffic of users who are interested in that niche to engage in discussion on the subjects. If you don't have many people into it, generating traffic will be very slow.

I like to enjoy posting on a forum that has multiple niches. It is proof that I can get better at talking about different aspects of what happens on the forum than what doesn't happen.

I like to enjoy posting on a forum that has multiple niches. It is proof that I can get better at talking about different aspects of what happens on the forum than what doesn't happen.
It is easy for you to discuss on different subjects on that kind of platform because there will be different topics that will make it very easy for you too engage in so many things.

At the moment I own one niche forum and that is a wrestling forum I am working on building up at the moment. Niche forums are always the more difficult to get going I feel, especially when you have to target an audience who has an interest in that niche.

I have in the past run a multiple niche forum, that was from 2009 - 2017 and it did really well but due to hosting costs increasing, I closed. Something I regret now but at the time I felt burned out and wanted to try something different.

A forum with multiple niches is a good idea, but it should still have a core theme so that users understand what the forum is all about.

I have a single niche forum. I don't want to have a multi-niche forum because I think they can sometimes be harder to manage and users can get lost in the vast amount of topics it covers. It's more of a personal preference for me, I'm sure many people can handle multi-niche forums easily. I prefer a forum to be more streamlined and dedicated to a primary cause.

Back