Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

The impact of AI on the future of design

Cedric

Agora Founder
Staff member
Administration
Credits
It's kind of freaking me out. I mean, is AI going to ruin the future of design or what?

Everywhere I look, there's some new AI tool doing stuff that used to be our job. Generating logos, creating websites, even coming up with entire branding concepts. It’s like, are we just going to become obsolete? Are we headed towards a future where designers are basically irrelevant because a machine can do it all faster and cheaper?

Sure, AI can handle the boring, repetitive tasks and maybe even come up with some cool ideas. But can it really understand what makes design truly impactful? Can it grasp the nuance, emotion, and personal touch that we bring to the table? Or are we just going to end up with a bunch of soulless, cookie-cutter designs because AI lacks real creativity and human insight?

It's bad enough our gloss is gone and simple has become the new standard for a few years now.

And what about the ethical side of things? Who’s making sure that AI is used responsibly in design? Are we going to see a rise in plagiarism because AI tools are just remixing existing work? And how do we ensure that these tools are accessible to everyone and not just big companies with deep pockets?

I’m curious how you all feel about this. Are you embracing AI in your work, or are you worried of where this is heading? How are you preparing for a future where AI plays a bigger role in our industry?

Looking forward hearing your thoughts!

AI is indeed gradually changing the design landscape, but I don't really think that it'll make us obsolete. I said so because human designs will always be so creative and strategic as well.

It's hard for me to say where it's going to be in the future. I didn't even think it would be like this a few years ago.

Right now, I don't think it's enough to make designers obsolete. I've used it for a variety of things, and I'll admit it's cool what comes up, but it does feel lacking at times. And after using it for a bit, it all feels the same and I feel like you could tell that AI is doing the work.

On the ethical side, it seems there's a lot in motion for how things will turn out in terms of things like copyrights, plagiarism, and general misuse. Keeping an eye on that.

I do think AI will start playing a bigger role but not to the extent that I've been hearing.

It's hard for me to say where it's going to be in the future. I didn't even think it would be like this a few years ago.

Right now, I don't think it's enough to make designers obsolete. I've used it for a variety of things, and I'll admit it's cool what comes up, but it does feel lacking at times. And after using it for a bit, it all feels the same and I feel like you could tell that AI is doing the work.

On the ethical side, it seems there's a lot in motion for how things will turn out in terms of things like copyrights, plagiarism, and general misuse. Keeping an eye on that.

I do think AI will start playing a bigger role but not to the extent that I've been hearing.
I see the rapid evolution of AI to be very unpredictable. This is the major reason why AI should not entirely replace designers, but it should be used to augment their work.

I see the rapid evolution of AI to be very unpredictable. This is the major reason why AI should not entirely replace designers, but it should be used to augment their work.
Yes, like many tools out there, that is a suitable role.

Lot of ideas out there for the role AI will play, but like you mentioned, it seems unpredictable.

Due to the introduction of artificial intelligence known as AI, a lot of people no longer value designers. I have come across certain clients that after giving them my price, once they can't afford it, they don't even put in effort anymore to bargain. They just rush to the nearest ai apps to create their own design. While the use of ai will definitely make things difficult for us designers in the future, but it can never replace actual designers. Our designs comes emotions that ai lacks.

Back