Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

Tools for Visual Design & UX: What Do You Use?

Cedric

Agora Founder
Staff member
Administration
Credits
Designing compelling visuals and creating excellent user experiences requires the right set of tools. Let's share our favorite tools for visual design and UX. Whether you're a seasoned designer or just starting out, we'd love to hear about what you use and why you like it.

Questions to Discuss:
  1. What are your go-to tools for visual design and UX?
  2. How do these tools help you in your design process?
  3. Have you discovered any new or emerging tools that you find particularly useful?
  4. Are there any specific features or functionalities that you look for in design tools?
Share Your Tools:

Here are some very useful and cool free tools for visual design and UX to get the discussion started:

Free Tools for Visual Design:​

1. Figma
    • A powerful tool for interface design and prototyping. It allows real-time collaboration and is browser-based.
    • Figma
  2. Gravit Designer
    • A full-featured vector design app that's great for creating illustrations, icons, and presentations.
    • Gravit Designer
  3. Inkscape
    • An open-source vector graphics editor similar to Adobe Illustrator. Perfect for creating vector art and design.
    • Inkscape
  4. Krita
    • A professional free and open-source painting program. Ideal for digital painting, illustrations, and concept art.
    • Krita
  5. Vectr
    • A free vector graphics software that is both intuitive and powerful. Good for creating simple graphics and designs.
    • Vectr

Free Tools for UX Design:​

1. Adobe XD (Starter Plan)
    • Adobe XD offers a free Starter Plan with limited features, perfect for UX design and prototyping.
    • Adobe XD
  2. Wireframe.cc
    • A simple tool for creating wireframes quickly. It focuses on minimalistic and easy-to-use interface.
    • Wireframe.cc
  3. Balsamiq Wireframes (Free Trial)
    • Balsamiq offers a free trial version that is excellent for creating low-fidelity wireframes.
    • Balsamiq Wireframes
  4. Marvel App
    • A tool for creating wireframes, prototypes, and mockups. The free plan includes limited projects.
    • Marvel App
  5. Penpot
    • An open-source design and prototyping platform meant for cross-domain teams.
    • Penpot
  6. Axure RP (Free Trial)
    • Offers a free trial version and is widely used for creating wireframes and interactive prototypes.
    • Axure RP
Feel free to share your thoughts and experiences with these tools, or recommend others that you find indispensable in your design workflow. Happy designing!

Adobe Illustrator is what I use for my visual design. I had to put in much effort into learning how to use before I was good at it. It's not a tool you would up and start using without base knowledge of how it works and how to get the best out from it.

Back