Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

What are Code readability and maintainability?

uptrendfinancialsignal

Novice Trader
Credits
To write code that's is so easy to read, you need to use names that make sense for your variables. For instance, use "score" instead of "x".

You need to keep the code neat and tidy and you need to add comments to explain what your code does. Also, keep your functions very short and sweet.

To maintain your code, you need to use building blocks or functions that actually fit together and use clear error messages, which is like a helpful hint at all times.

I can definitely attest to naming conventions. When a codebase is small, it's usually not an issue, but as it grows it can be easy to fall in habit where you are quickly declaring things in order to try things out.

I've seen codebases where it started out easy to read but by the end it was spaghetti code.

I usually use Camel Case to use variables and function names that make sense to its purpose.

I use a JavaScript beautifier tool to make my scripts readable. I know many text editors have beautifiers by default, but a lot of my scripting at the moment is used for the Jcink forum software and most of my code typing is in the board wrapper.

I've never used JavaScript comments much, but I probably should use them to some extent.

I usually use Camel Case to use variables and function names that make sense to its purpose.

I use a JavaScript beautifier tool to make my scripts readable. I know many text editors have beautifiers by default, but a lot of my scripting at the moment is used for the Jcink forum software and most of my code typing is in the board wrapper.

I've never used JavaScript comments much, but I probably should use them to some extent.

Writing a code is like writing a story, you need to make sure it's easy to read and understand. I'll recommend using Camel Case. It's definitely going to help with that.

Back