Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

What are the best ways to learn programming?

What are the best ways to learn programming?

• Online courses and tutorials

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bootcamps

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Books

• Personal instructor

• Self learning

• Joining programming communities.

• Total voters
You forgot one; building actual projects. I was stuck doing/following tutorials until I started creating projects on my own. I noticed that my learning accelerated after that.
The process of coming up with project ideas, planning, making mistakes, debugging, learning from these mistakes, and continuing did more for them than simply learning the material through tutorials and videos.

You forgot one; building actual projects. I was stuck doing/following tutorials until I started creating projects on my own. I noticed that my learning accelerated after that.
I feel this way about learning JavaScript. The more I dived into trying to create codes myself, the more I grew accustomed to coding with the language.

I will say that sticking to one learning resource instead of trying to use multiple resources at once can help you focus better and become less confusing.

The process of coming up with project ideas, planning, making mistakes, debugging, learning from these mistakes, and continuing did more for them than simply learning the material through tutorials and videos.
Tutorials and videos can only take you far but by working on projects, you’ll definitely develop problem-solving skills and also learn how to debug and retain information better.

Back