Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

What can mess up a friendship for you?

Naza

Apprentice
Credits
Being friends with others can be rewarding on one hand and can be disturbing, on the other hand. As a person, what always makes you decide to end a friendship with anyone? Is it when they tell a lot of lies, or is there a particular attitude that can ruin it for you?

I take friendship very seriously, and when I become friends with someone or even close friends with someone, one of the important things for me is trust and loyalty.

It's not too often that I would end a friendship with anyone without a given reason and most of the time the reason is either betrayal such as talking behind my back or lying to me and losing my trust.

If a friend keeps disregarding text messages I send them, I'll usually delete them as a contact. I sent a text message to my last friend and that was the end of our friendship so it seemed, he never replied and I never sent a text message back to him or him to me. I haven't had an IRL friend since that friendship ended and it doesn't bother me much because I've always been more social online than offline and friendships IRL rarely last a lifetime. Friends come and go.

I take friendship very seriously, and when I become friends with someone or even close friends with someone, one of the important things for me is trust and loyalty.

It's not too often that I would end a friendship with anyone without a given reason and most of the time the reason is either betrayal such as talking behind my back or lying to me and losing my trust.
I would have to agree with your statement on the ideals that a friend should uphold. Ending a friendship is not easy, it can get messy, and if your "friend" knows any bad things about you that is a risk that they would tell your other friends. I have an inner circle of friends I keep close. and to get into this circle I need to know I can trust that person! I am an introvert so making friends for me is hard. I usually make friends online easier than I do in real life. The reason is I have a disability and I want people to see me for who I am and not what I look like.

I usually make friends online easier than I do in real life. The reason is I have a disability and I want people to see me for who I am and not what I look like.
In my case, I have mental health issues and I try not to reveal that to people IRL anymore due to being berated in the past for doing so. I think a lot of my old friendships died partly due to my mental health. I don't even bother making IRL friends anymore because I feel like I'll be judged based on my brain chemistry and not my personality.

Back