Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

What do you not like to see in a theme?

Shortie

Apprentice
Credits
When it comes to creating website themes yourself or seeing others who have created website themes, what is the one thing you dislike to see within any theme?

What are your reasons for disliking this specific thing within a theme? Is it something you ensure you tell others if you hire someone to create a theme for you?

I hate overly complicated code. Don't get me wrong, sometimes complicated code is the only way to get the result you want. But complexity for the sake of it is something I cannot take. It creates unnecessary cognitive load for new developers, makes it difficult to expand or customize the theme in the future, and it makes onboarding a different developer to work on the theme more challenging.

I hate overly complicated code. Don't get me wrong, sometimes complicated code is the only way to get the result you want. But complexity for the sake of it is something I cannot take. It creates unnecessary cognitive load for new developers, makes it difficult to expand or customize the theme in the future, and it makes onboarding a different developer to work on the theme more challenging.

I like simplicity and clarity because it makes it easier for me to jump in, and it also reduces the risk of bugs and makes maintenance a lot easier.

Back