Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

What do you think about getting a loan to start a business?

Kennysplash

Apprentice
Credits
A business is like a gamble, you t had such a high probability of not turning out to be what we expect it to be. An entrepreneurship poll made recently states that 55 percent of businesses goes bankrupt on their first trial.

In that case, is it advisable to get a loan to start a business?

Actually before starting a business you have to consider things like where you can get the money and if you can pay back at the required time if not it can be actually disty

Getting a loan to start a business without having any business plan or backup if things do not go the way you hoped is always a bad idea. Getting a loan has to be done at the right time and with the right plan.

Many have started businesses after receiving a loan and many have been successful, it's never a bad idea unless it's done on a whim.

Getting a loan is good but you have to be careful of high APR interest rates. Sometimes the APR can be so high, that’s it’s worth saving the loan repayments yourself and starting the business in a few months time. It depends on your circumstances

Getting a loan to start a business can be beneficial, but it's not what I'll advise. This is based on my personal experience. So, I'll advise you to explore alternative funding and ensure to put a solid business plan in place.

If you have to take a loan when starting a business, take the least amount you can, have a solid business plan, and have a plan for what to do in case things do not go as expected. Many success businesses I know were started using loans, but their owners had solid plans and had done enough research to understand their business, the market, and customers to reduce the risk of failure.

For me, I would rather take a loan to expand a business rather than start one, opting for alternative funding options for the latter option.

Back