Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

What forums are the easiest/hardest to build?

Cpvr

Novice Trader
Staff member
Community Moderator
Credits
I've noticed that some admin forums and gaming forums take forever to build and that it takes a good chunk out of your time to make these type of forums bigger. I also feel that some forums get lucky and find success quicker than others. But remember, the harder that you work, the more success you may find in the forum world especially on the internet.

So, in your opinion and being involved with forums for so long, what type of forums do you feel are the easiest to build? How about the hardest to build?

I think general discussion forums are the easiest to build. They're a bit more difficult to get activity on though, so that's one downfall of starting one. However, you can easily come up with fresh, new content to your forum since you could literally talk about whatever you want. As for the hardest, gaming forums are pretty difficult to pull off these days unless you have one that's based around one specific franchise. Even then if it's something that's really popular, there's probably already tons of communities based around that one series.

It's general discussion forums I would say is the most easiest to start out. It doesn't take so much and there are millions of topics that can be started on it. Users can easily get into it. Coding, promotional and admin forums are quite demanding to start.

As someone who has created and built up a general discussion forum in the past, they are easy to start up but not the easiest to get activity on, it can take a while and you can sometimes feel as though like giving up so you do need a plan and you do need to make sure you tell yourself that there are going to be roadblocks.

The hardest forums I would say are gaming forums to create, open and build up.

Back