Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

What is your pet peeve when it comes to creating graphics?

Shortie

Apprentice
Credits
As a graphics designer, as much as we will have things we enjoy about creating graphics, we may also have pet peeves, things we do not like to see when it comes to creating graphics.

As a graphics designer, what is your biggest pet peeve? What makes this specific thing frustrating for you when you see others doing in in graphics design?

For me, I don't like inconsistent branding. I totally dislike seeing the logos or the color schemes used incorrectly across different materials. It's very frustrating to me.

For me, I believe the quality and beauty of the pictures used on a design have the power to make a design beautiful or ugly. It's so frustrating when someone tells me to make a birthday flyer design and the picture they send me is of low quality or not really up to stranded. I always find it hard to create something with it.

For me, I believe the quality and beauty of the pictures used on a design have the power to make a design beautiful or ugly. It's so frustrating when someone tells me to make a birthday flyer design and the picture they send me is of low quality or not really up to stranded. I always find it hard to create something with it.
Low-quality images can indeed hinder the aesthetic of a design. This is why it is very essential to educate clients about the importance of high resolution images.

I hate it when the client chooses the ugliest design of the bunch. Lately I don't even offer more than one sample for them to choose from, I give them the best (in my opinion) and we work from there. It helps me also in that I'm not wasting my time, but it means that I'm protecting my reputation as a professional who does high quality work.

I hate it when the client chooses the ugliest design of the bunch. Lately I don't even offer more than one sample for them to choose from, I give them the best (in my opinion) and we work from there. It helps me also in that I'm not wasting my time, but it means that I'm protecting my reputation as a professional who does high quality work.
I totally relate to what you are saying. I have been there too and I know how frustrating it is when clients choose a ugly design. I love the approach you adopted and it not only saves time but also ensures you're showcasing your expertise and maintaining high standards at the same time too.

As a graphics designer, as much as we will have things we enjoy about creating graphics, we may also have pet peeves, things we do not like to see when it comes to creating graphics.

As a graphics designer, what is your biggest pet peeve? What makes this specific thing frustrating for you when you see others doing in in graphics design?
Amazing questions! Thanks for this post =)
For me, I don't like inconsistent branding. I totally dislike seeing the logos or the color schemes used incorrectly across different materials. It's very frustrating to me.
Hmm do you mean different logos? Or different colour schemes? Both?
That's a very valid pet peeve and I can see why it is difficult to work with low quality pictures. I used to make t-shirts and some people would want me to put a picture on the shirt which is all fine but if the picture they sent me was blurry/not focused or of good quality it's hard to make the picture on the t-shirt any better lol.

Great answer
Low-quality images can indeed hinder the aesthetic of a design. This is why it is very essential to educate clients about the importance of high resolution images.
I completely agree, as I've mentioned above I've made t-shirts for people and it's difficult to have the picture on the t-shirt high quality when the picture they give me is blurry/unfocused.

It is indeed a frustrating thing.
I totally relate to what you are saying. I have been there too and I know how frustrating it is when clients choose a ugly design. I love the approach you adopted and it not only saves time but also ensures you're showcasing your expertise and maintaining high standards at the same time too.
I'll admit, I'm probably one of the clients that choose an ugly design but to be honest that's why I always ask the designer to choose. I have 0 sense of style or taste when it comes to designing which is why I usually hire someone else to do designs for me. I should not be allowed to choose LOL

Back