Marketplace for Freelancers & Businesses

What tips would you give someone looking to succeed in the freelance world?

Shortie

Apprentice
Credits
Freelancing is not something everyone wants to get into but there may be instances where someone wants to get into freelancing but they do not know where to start.

As a freelancer, what tips would you give someone wanting to get into and succeed in the freelance world? Are there any specific things you would be sure to mention?

From personal experience:
1. Never stop learning. The market shifts so fast and only freelancers who adapt survive
2. Put everything in writing. This will help avoid misunderstandings and scope creep
3. Do not do too much for free. Doing some work for free can be a great way of getting clients and exposure. However, do not go so overboard that you end up working so much and making too little to live on
4. Create the perfect work environment for you. That could be an office, a coffee shop, a quiet place, whatever. You will only be able to do your best work if you work in an environment that sits you best.

From personal experience:
1. Never stop learning. The market shifts so fast and only freelancers who adapt survive
2. Put everything in writing. This will help avoid misunderstandings and scope creep
3. Do not do too much for free. Doing some work for free can be a great way of getting clients and exposure. However, do not go so overboard that you end up working so much and making too little to live on
4. Create the perfect work environment for you. That could be an office, a coffee shop, a quiet place, whatever. You will only be able to do your best work if you work in an environment that sits you best.
That's a good question! To thrive in freelancing, you need to set clear boundaries and continuously upskill. I make sure to diversify my services, network strategically, and I always aim to deliver high-quality work.

Back